Triple Fi 10 Custom Mold No Bass
Nov 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thegamer36

New Head-Fier
Hey all...I have a pair of custom molded Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's.  I put them on the other day and realized that there was no bass at all.  I tried a different cable but still no luck.  
Is there anything else I can try?
Can they be fixed and is it worth it?

Thanks for the help.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 6
If it isn't a seal issue, it probably would cost more to fix than duplicate.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 6
Have you checked the polarity of the cables is the right way round?

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 6
Who molded them?  Why no bass?

This slays me every time I read something like this with a disappointed re-mold job.  Companys put a lot of R&D and time into engineering and getting the most possible out of their IEM offerings.  Placement of drivers is a big deal.
Re-shelling drivers guarantees you absolutely nothing.  The third party had zero input on the IEM design so how could one expect it to sound all that good?  I would think it is a total crapshoot.

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Then we can assume you had bass before and only recently lost it. Also assuming the seal is fine - it is odd that if it is a driver malfunction. that it is in both ears - have you lost weight recently? Does the bass come back if you press them firmly into your ears? Sounds like defective bass drivers

Like I said before, if it is bad drivers, it isn't really worth the repair, as you can duplicate a custom TF10 for around $250 ($125 IEM + $125 Reshell) - and there are a number of companies savvy enough to do a proper reshell of a universal BA IEM - a good reshell of the TF10 increases performance IMO - the mids aren't nearly as recessed on my custom pair - while the treble's sparkle and air, coupled with solid bass remain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back