Triple fi 10 are literally falling apart.
Jun 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

pez

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I got some Triple fi 10's from a user on here before I left for my trip to Spain.  So far, I've discovered a nic in the cable to where it's showing, and now the left nozzle is literally coming off where the body and the nozzle are put together.  The cable is ok, and not a huge deal as the headphones work perfectly find and the cable is easily replaceable.  But.  I have a big problem if the main part of the IEM is coming apart.  I know UE has good customer service, but I bought this used and it had no receipt.  It had the original box, but not all of the accessories (some tips, and no metal case). 

So, basically, I'm wondering what UE will be able to do.  I guess I wouldn't mind paying for them to be repaired, but I'm worried about the cost and being able to afford it right then.  For now, I've used a glue stick and a paint brush to glue the side that started coming off.  The right IEM seems to be perfectly fine though. 

It's also a real disadvantage to be overseas right now, too.  I don't know if the box has the serial number on it or whatever "PID" is, but that's what the site says I need.  I get redirected to the Logitech site basically when going through support.  Makes me mad that it asks me computer related questions.  Is UE support even the same anymore?

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 42
Without a proof of purchase, I guess you likely have to pay for left earpeice replacement. At a last resort, there is always the super glue.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 42
I think UE customer support goes to logitech now; registered my product under logitech. Contact them through logitech then, they might fix it for you for a price. No harm asking though, the most you could, like what clieos said, superglue them, or u could just send them to remold :D

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 42
Yeah, I would get pics to you guys, but I just used regular glue for the moment to keep that side together.  If it's too expensive, I'll take Krazy Glue to it.  I have no doubt in the world that that wouldn't do the trick.  It's just one side.  It's crazy to me because my Super.fi 3's were never this troublesome.  Even my Ety's with a thinner cable, less sturdy looking earpiece have lasted so much longer.  I love the Triple fi 10 and I feel they're the best IEM's I've heard, but that's just a little disappointing to me.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 42
"Logitech" doesn't have a repair center.  I need a receipt so that I can get them replaced under warranty.  *sigh*.  'UE' wasn't like this the last time I owned their product.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 42
UE triple/super fi line build quality is really, and I mean really poor!
It looks sturdy, but believe me, they are ready to break as soon as they leave the packaging! Had two bad experiences on two UE products.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #10 of 42
Krazy Glue will indeed be a great fix for the problem, I know from experience...  My Atrio M5s started to unravel in a similar fashion, but it wasn't anything a little dab of glue couldn't fix :)

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 42
Yeah, I'm going to take a toothpick and Krazy Glue and get the parts that came apart.  The other side seems built like a rock.  I believe it's because I am using the flip-side mod and I fell a sleep with them in a couple times.  Either way, I'm glad they came apart where they did.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #12 of 42

Quote:
Yup, if UE wants $80 or more I would just send them to Florida instead and get them re-shelled into customs. But that is of course a personal preference.

I completely agree with this suggestion. When Logitech acquired Ultimate Ears and took over their sales and support the company drastically changed and the move virtually erased their independent dealer network. I would highly suggest having them custom shelled where you will find infinitely higher build quality and better customer service. 

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 42
Well, I found some super glue in Spain.  Seems to be working, but I'm not exactly going to try and take them apart either...But they seem sturdy as a rock again :)

Jun 12, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #14 of 42

Quote:
Well, I found some super glue in Spain.  Seems to be working, but I'm not exactly going to try and take them apart either...But they seem sturdy as a rock again :)

That's good to hear. I hope I don't experience the same thing with my TF10....So far I haven't had any issues. But when it does and out of warranty, I'm pretty sure I'll get them reshelled.

Jun 12, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #15 of 42
Yeah, I've never honestly heard of the reshelling thing, but I may look into it.  I really love them.  But day two and they seem strong.  It's weird because Logitech has great support for their own products.  Probably one of the top brands I've ever dealt with in customer support, but they weren't anything like UE was about the first time I had a problem with my Super.fi's before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back