TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #21,736 of 24,683
Maybe that's why my brother prefers PM6 to the Hunter?

Somehow I don't think anyone has the possibly tweaked PM6 yet. I think those are coming in the new batch and all the previous ones have probably been more like a beta test. I do hope however that those having received the original batch have the chance to exchange to the possibly tweaked one if they are not satisfied.

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #21,737 of 24,683
Just clearing out my emails, found one from mid august from Keiran saying Icarus IV and II are shipping "this month"

Why haven't i sought a refund??? What is wrong with me?

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #21,739 of 24,683
Somehow I don't think anyone has the possibly tweaked PM6 yet. I think those are coming in the new batch and all the previous ones have probably been more like a beta test. I do hope however that those having received the original batch have the chance to exchange to the possibly tweaked one if they are not satisfied.

Hmmm, no Idea, i feel no treble harshness or fatigue at all, at least with the green filters, which are the ones I use, and so does he, although I did with some, including the, loved by many, gold filters (don't remember if it was the damped version or not).

Regarding new batches I can only smile, sarcastically. If people haven't received them until this point I highly doubt there will be something like a revised version, much less for the ones that already receive them. I am perfectly happy with mine for the aforementioned reason so I don't need a new version any way.

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #21,741 of 24,683
Hmmm, no Idea, i feel no treble harshness or fatigue at all, at least with the green filters, which are the ones I use, and so does he, although I did with some, including the, loved by many, gold filters (don't remember if it was the damped version or not).

Regarding new batches I can only smile, sarcastically. If people haven't received them until this point I highly doubt there will be something like a revised version, much less for the ones that already receive them. I am perfectly happy with mine for the aforementioned reason so I don't need a new version any way.

I wouldn't necessarily say so to both points. Firstly, indeed people said the PM6 sounds good but there were quite a few reports of treble hotness. Some may be more sensitive to this than others of course. Good to know some people like them the way they are though.

Secondly, it could be of course the reason (or one of the reasons) for the delay in the first place. Of course it's kind of questionable to send out a few (beta?) pieces and see the people's reaction before but it is entirely possible. They did that with the Air as well afaik (although the "improvements" themselves are questionable too).

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #21,744 of 24,683
How about we all cancel our orders to make a clear point?

Don't think a few people on head-fi will make much of a point... A bunch of us already did request a refund and it didn't change much.

If you really want to make a statement, file a complaint with the UK trading standards so Trinity can get investigated. But that would more than likely put them out of business...

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #21,748 of 24,683
Yes bought on their website, I got confirmation from Kieran I would get the refund shortly. I was ready to wait for a month or two but it's been almsot 5 month and when I see that people have been waiting over a year I have a hard time believing I will receive anything before the end of this year...

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #21,749 of 24,683
Just heard from Kieran that remaining hunters won't get shipped until after all the airs go.

For those who have the hunters can anyone compare against CA Jupiter? I recently got the Jupiters from a really nice head-fier here and must say I really am enjoying them. Just wanted to see if there are enough differences to keep waiting. I must be related to marquis de sade as I'm still in this mess.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #21,750 of 24,683
Remaining Hunters? More like the majority of the Hunters. Seriously, can someone just put this company in place and hold them accountable?
They probably don't have them or the PM6 available and I doubt they will end up shipping anything anytime soon.
If the Hunter X are newer and probably cheaper they will convert customers to the Hunter X and will deal with the PM6 orders somehow if they are still lucky enough to stay in business.
The Air is a total bust and I should have one in hand in the next week or two.
Buckle up guys, this bumpy ride is far from over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back