TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 24, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #17,506 of 24,683
A refresh for people looking for details on filters, it's all here : https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/filters-explained

It helped me a lot and I'm now happy with Gold Damped filter. I just need to find the right tips as the Master still feel quite uncomfortable in my ears. Currently using medium kombi, it provides good seal but it hurts after a short while. I hope it's not due to the weight of the Masters...

May 24, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #17,507 of 24,683
A refresh for people looking for details on filters, it's all here : https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/filters-explained

It helped me a lot and I'm now happy with Gold Damped filter. I just need to find the right tips as the Master still feel quite uncomfortable in my ears. Currently using medium kombi, it provides good seal but it hurts after a short while. I hope it's not due to the weight of the Masters...
Several users have said that in regards to the weight, if you wear the cable down your back (so cinch at back of neck, cable run down back instead of chest), it alleviates the weight issue. You could use that technique to see figure out if it's the weight that's bothering you or something else.

May 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #17,508 of 24,683
Your Moon Audio cable was for your UE TripleFi? Hate to tell you, but that's not gonna fit with the Hunter. That era of UE cabling used 0.75mm pins. It would've fit the Vyrus 1, Sabre, and PM4, but that's it. The current industry standard is 0.78mm pins which is what is being used in this first batch of Hunters and PM6s. Looks like you might wanna ask for one of your cables to be balanced after all.

You're quite welcome! And you might wanna keep an eye on your email. I didn't pay for tracked shipping when I bought my Hunter, I chose the free shipping option. Let's hope I don't have to worry about import fees because I'm not gonna be home when they show up.

Sounds about right :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll be happier receiving one of them rather than the other. It's the cleaning supplies, right? You REALLY wanted those cleaning supplies :D

Thanks for this info! And, if possible, I will be asking for a balanced cable instead.

May 24, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #17,512 of 24,683
PM6 and Hunter seem to be quite nice..

The info I got through PM makes it sounds that it was a very good idea to order Icarus 3..Apparently very smooth and detailed.
See also moedawg140 in here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/s...st-audio-upgrade.748473/page-63#post-13502019

Thanks intensecure for the heads up.
Good info there; nice find @Intensecure! The Icarus III is tempting, but I'm just gonna stick with the Hunter. Oh dear, I only have the top model from Trinity Audio, how WILL I get through the day? :upside_down:

May 24, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #17,513 of 24,683

Thanks for posting the new filters link. Without knowing what they were I changed the red (factory fitted on arrival on my Hunter's) to the blue ones. Didn't like the loss of bass at all & treble was quite strident. Compared same tracks thru my QP1R with my Audeze iSine 20's & the Audeze have a much clearer, warmer sound with better definition. The Hunter's are definitely more comfortable however. More experimentation needed I think.

Now I'd really like to know what all the various tips included with the Hunter's are (apart from Trinity's hybrid mediums, which came in a separate pack of 5 pairs).

The other issue I've had is that the 2 pin connectors are not an easy fit on Trinity iem's - the 2 pin connectors on the iSine are smooth as butter! I'm really worried that I'll break the Trinity connectors! Likewise, fitting tips to the iSine is really smooth, but fitting tips to Trinity's filters has been taking me lots of attempts - too fiddly! Any guidance much appreciated. A video like the one on the Audeze website would be very useful.

May 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #17,514 of 24,683
Thanks for posting the new filters link. Without knowing what they were I changed the red (factory fitted on arrival on my Hunter's) to the blue ones. Didn't like the loss of bass at all & treble was quite strident. Compared same tracks thru my QP1R with my Audeze iSine 20's & the Audeze have a much clearer, warmer sound with better definition. The Hunter's are definitely more comfortable however. More experimentation needed I think.

Now I'd really like to know what all the various tips included with the Hunter's are (apart from Trinity's hybrid mediums, which came in a separate pack of 5 pairs).

The other issue I've had is that the 2 pin connectors are not an easy fit on Trinity iem's - the 2 pin connectors on the iSine are smooth as butter! I'm really worried that I'll break the Trinity connectors! Likewise, fitting tips to the iSine is really smooth, but fitting tips to Trinity's filters has been taking me lots of attempts - too fiddly! Any guidance much appreciated. A video like the one on the Audeze website would be very useful.
I think the treble is quite strident with all filters. Add +7db to frequencies between 63-250hz helps warm things up a bit. Problem is I hate using eq so I may return mine.

May 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #17,515 of 24,683
Initial PM6 impressions (I'm very inexperienced in audio description and only ever owned a Shure SE315 and a pair of Sabres, so I am very far from being an expert):
Using X5iii, Poweramp and red filters(I'm a bit of a bass head it turns out). Soundstage and detail is amazing. Bass is lush and rich, mids and vocals feel natural and nicely separated.
One not very positive thing is that I did pick up some harsh upper frequencies in pretty much every genre. After some EQ experimenting I discovered that turning 2kHz almost all the way down fixes it for me. Might be just a personal sensitivity to that frequency, I put on a 2kHz tone on youtube on my speakers and its awful, you could literally torture me with it. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks for giving us your initial preferences, it could be a personal thing regarding the sensitivity on 2kHz, but we'll see, waiting for mine as well.

I find it a tad funny because as a bassist, often times the 2kHz specifically allows your tone to cut through most mixes and bands without exactly making it too 'trebly' (that's my personally preference on tone).

May 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #17,516 of 24,683
The filters i like the most is the Green, definitely is the one i have "most fun" with, by far. I'm not edge sensitive but i'm bass sensitive up to a point so sometimes the blue is also to my liking, more than the Gold Damped.

I'm surprise by this twist but for now and since i can't listen to music for a long period of time the Greens will stay.

May 24, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #17,517 of 24,683

I found that the Kombi's were the hardest to fit, followed by Comply then Foam. The foam tips gave me the best seal but Kombi's gave me the right balance.

For the Kombi's and comply tips I followed another Head-fier's suggestion which was to invert the outer silicon against the filter (leaving the inner part facing towards the filter). Then try wiggling the inner part of the tip into the filters. (Hoping you'll get the gist of it)

May 24, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #17,519 of 24,683
You're quite welcome! And you might wanna keep an eye on your email. I didn't pay for tracked shipping when I bought my Hunter, I chose the free shipping option. Let's hope I don't have to worry about import fees because I'm not gonna be home when they show up.

I've been constantly checking my emails and I haven't received anything. I wasn't really expecting anything anyway. Glad to hear they gave you tracking even though you didn't pay for it. I honestly believe that I'll be the very last person here to receive my PM6s because of my location.

You mentioned that it was Royal Mail. Does that mean they shipped it directly to you instead of going through the Atlanta location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back