TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 1, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #15,978 of 24,683
Have you tried the black-dampened filters?

Try the gold undamped and green they retain the bass and highs are there also. But I think tips are as important as the filters with these. I can only use the included foam for a great fit and coherent sound. Any non foam just don't work for me.
Thanks, I will try those. Somehow I find the medium tips too small but the large tips a little too big, so I'm trying to find the spin fits that came with my PM4. I might buy some kombi tips to try if the spin fits don't work.

May 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #15,982 of 24,683
I just hope the Air debacle doesn't delay the Pm6s, Hunters and Atlas Deltas even more.
It won't; this debacle includes all of those models. A delay of the Air is a delay of everything else as well, they all go hand in hand. Your only hope is that one crashing and burning doesn't mean another crashing and burning.

I must be the only one here that actually asked them to delay the delivery.
So it was YOUR fault! Lol, jk. Did you ask them to delay it by 3 months on top of the original delay?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 1, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #15,984 of 24,683
So, i have been "guaranteed" shipping by end of the week of hunter, air and pm6. Last time .... nothing happens i will go the refund route and i do not care they deny KS refunds, i will demand it.
Of course, my dream is that the shipping truly takes place!

May 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #15,985 of 24,683
Pretty interesting. I remember Bob said theMaster is more analytical while the Icarus III has emotional sound signature. Not sure how it translates to what people report here. If that's the case l think the Icarus III will have an even more V shape sound signature with thick mids. Also, is there a cable with mic and inline remote for the Master? IIRC it was first advertised to come with one.

If someone could post a photo of how they sit in the ears it will be very much appreciated.

I have yet to track down a cable with mic for the Master... but I'm keeping an eye out for one.

re: Icarus III even more v shaped in sound. This is an interesting point because the Masters sound significantly less V shaped than the PM4's. So, I guess I would consider the Master as more analytical, compared to the PM4's. Another thing to note, the Master sounds more like a dynamic driver than any of the other Trinity offerings to date. The mids are lush, the sub bass is very present, treble is noticeably dialed back from the PM4's. All these changes make for Trinity's smoothest sounding iem, so far.

May 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #15,986 of 24,683
I was curious about that as well. I don't find the master at all analytical. In fact I find it very musical IEM. However if the fit isn't perfect perhaps then it might sound a little bit more analytical once the bass has less impact because of it.

I agree. I just posted a response prior to this that is not entirely accurate.

I would consider the Master to be more musical than analytical. The detail retrieval is not as strong as my more analytical earphones.

May 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #15,987 of 24,683
I have yet to track down a cable with mic for the Master... but I'm keeping an eye out for one.

re: Icarus III even more v shaped in sound. This is an interesting point because the Masters sound significantly less V shaped than the PM4's. So, I guess I would consider the Master as more analytical, compared to the PM4's. Another thing to note, the Master sounds more like a dynamic driver than any of the other Trinity offerings to date. The mids are lush, the sub bass is very present, treble is noticeably dialed back from the PM4's. All these changes make for Trinity's smoothest sounding iem, so far.

Thanks! I was under the impression both Master and Icarus III come with 3 cables; regular, w/ inline mic and with balanced cable but the description has changed multiple times and it just says Trinity modular fabric cable system
on their website after it was updated.

May 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #15,989 of 24,683
Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #15,990 of 24,683
So, i have been "guaranteed" shipping by end of the week of hunter, air and pm6. Last time .... nothing happens i will go the refund route and i do not care they deny KS refunds, i will demand it.
Of course, my dream is that the shipping truly takes place!

Was this recent statement of Trinity? I have Hunter on order, but I'm starting to think about cancelation of my order as well. There are many nice custom IEMs around, which I can get faster than any Trinity universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back