TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #15,856 of 24,683
Well, I received my Masters yesterday and WOW. I'm ridiculously pleased with them.

They're head and shoulders above the PM4's. I haven't even rolled any filters but, wow, I really wasn't prepared for how good these would sound and or how versatile they would be. It's not just the sound but the fit and finish are great too. I really didn't think I would like the cloth cable and, in pictures, I thought the braided rubber looked so much better but in person I really prefer the new one. It doesn't catch on clothing nearly as easily and microphonic (over ear at least) are virtually nil.

About Trinity:

I can understand why people who've not received their products or received non-working units would be completely frustrated but I can only go off of my experiences and, I have to say, I AM A HUGE FAN OF TRINITY AUDIO. They are clearly in over their heads and things have gone a bit pear shaped BUT these are my personal experiences:

I ordered the original Vyrus (at pre-order price) and they came a bit late but I was satisfied with the value. Then I ordered the PM4 (also pre-order). They were also late but my emails about them were answered within a day and when they cameI was happy with them and I also thought they were a good value. A few weeks ago I saw that Hyperions were on sale and when I realized that I could pick some up for about $20 USD I pulled the trigger. I wasn't crazy about the SQ but with a case and tips, what a value! Then 4 days ago I thought I'd give the Masters a try because I'd given my Vyruses to my nephew and I wanted another option so I can take something I like when I travel (50,000 miles this year-to-date) and not worry about them too much. They arrived 3 days later and, holy cow, I LOVE THEM. My favorite by far. This is the most spacious, detailed, and smooth IEM I've ever heard and it's also the first one that makes me wonder if I've been down the wrong path the whole time with full-sized cans. Seriously can't wait to hear the Icarus III I ordered a couple weeks ago.

(only gripe: I wish my Masters weren't shiny. On me, they look tacky and I hate it.)

Location?

GD I want my masters... ugh. Maybe I'll get lucky today...

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #15,857 of 24,683
I wish I could use the CF plates, but I find they have a sharp edge that scrapes on everything :frowning2:

If you wrap a very fine sandpaper (like 800-ish grit) around a screwdriver or dowel and then file at 45 degrees you should be able to take the sharp edge off pretty quickly without risk of damaging the face. I'm using the carbon and, you're right, it's knife-like.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #15,859 of 24,683
I wish I could use the CF plates, but I find they have a sharp edge that scrapes on everything :frowning2:

Love the feel of the metal plates because they have beveled, rounded-off edges that feel great and look really premium.

Bummed me out... I love the look of carbon fiber, I even have a carbon fiber wallet

I agree, there is a harsher edge to the CF plates than the red/blue ones. It didn't seem to bother me, but I see how it could eventually. Maybe with a Dremel tool they could be smoothed out a bit. Hmmm, if I ever want to switch back the the CF, I might give that a try.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #15,861 of 24,683
The Icarus only comes with carbon fibre, so maybe we will all have to sand them down?

"Each Icarus III comes with interchangeable carbon fibre face plates in black, yellow and blue to suit your style."

^^ From the Icarus III page.

Edit: I see now that all colors of the plates are CF.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #15,866 of 24,683
See, this is another fact I don't get. It seems Trinity is sending out items on random, means someone like me who ordered Master on december 24 has to wait longer than somone who just bought them couple of days ago. The hell, I don't even know if my Masters have been shipped yet.
To me, Trinity is more than capable to engineer iems, but everything else is handled like amateurs, virtually nothing is done right. Such a shame.

Sorry for whining again, I am really happy for the folks who got their stuff. But when you think Trinity can't mess up any further, they prove that they can.

Besides, the new headfi just sucks

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #15,867 of 24,683
Got my masters yesterday. Out of the box they have a full bodied smooth and detailed sound. Sound projection is better than the PM4. Bass seems a bit bigger than the PM4. Treble is held back a bit vs the PM4. Sounds more spacious to my ears. It sounds great out of my X5iii.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #15,868 of 24,683
...means someone like me who ordered Master on december 24 has to wait longer than somone who just bought them couple of days ago.

Ok, now, that would completely piss me off.

Got my masters yesterday. Out of the box they have a full bodied smooth and detailed sound. Sound projection is better than the PM4. Bass seems a bit bigger than the PM4. Treble is held back a bit vs the PM4. Sounds more spacious to my ears. It sounds great out of my X5iii.

+1 All of that.

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #15,870 of 24,683
I haven't been on the new site much... any particular reason why?
I mainly use headfi mobile, and it's not a nice experience now. I get logged of randomly, no message counter snymore, so it's harder to tell if nrw posts happened, I got problems with the editor (even though this was a mess on mobiles before),...
It's just not there yet, let's put it that way. And it will need some time to get used to the new look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back