TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #15,256 of 24,683
I'm not sure how you get to the $150 difference value. The Masters are £159 and the PM6 are £350. That difference must convert to more than $150, even post Brexit. Anyway, to answer your question, audio gear is susceptible to a concept called diminishing returns. If you are massively into the best sound, then yes. If you want the best value, then no.

NVM

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #15,257 of 24,683
That pretty much sums it up.
I hadn't heard much about the Icarus III on it's production phases.

Well,at least I know for sure now that the wait will be a while longer.

I will post pictures and updates on my Vyrus 2's when I get home from work.

Thanks for sticking your neck out for a stranger btw
smily_headphones1.gif

I truly am perplexed by the situation Trinity has seemed to place themselves in.

Then again, I am at least very happy to have gotten something from them.
They make wonderful headphones.

So you received two Vyrus instead Vyrus and Icarus? You should contact with them directly anyway...

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #15,259 of 24,683
That pretty much sums it up.
I hadn't heard much about the Icarus III on it's production phases.

Well,at least I know for sure now that the wait will be a while longer.

I will post pictures and updates on my Vyrus 2's when I get home from work.

Thanks for sticking your neck out for a stranger btw
smily_headphones1.gif

I truly am perplexed by the situation Trinity has seemed to place themselves in.

Then again, I am at least very happy to have gotten something from them.
They make wonderful headphones.

So you received two Vyrus instead Vyrus and Icarus? You should contact with them directly anyway...

Me thinks 3 in total. 2 vyrus and 1 Icarus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #15,262 of 24,683
Hey Guys, first post here. I'm a long time lurker in the trinity threads and got the PM6 on order.

A question for the people with the master, do you push your tips over this ring near the and of the filter or let it rest upon it?

I dont know if the master/pm6 filters will be like the older filters for the vyrus or pm4, but on some of them there was a ring near the bottom and behind it there was a small hole which I can only assume was used to tune the bass frequencies. You obviously dont want to cover that. So if its the same, my thinking is no, dont push it over the ring near the threads, push it up to that ring.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #15,264 of 24,683

Where do you see them. I know 2 people who are waiting for their Air. I sure hope that's not the case after the long wait and the level of expectations. 

So far 6 people on KS.

I trust BT earbuds little, but lately even the cheapos have rare drop outs ... if the AIR are worse than my 20$ Chinese BT ones I will expect a refund or an exchange.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #15,265 of 24,683
Has someone emailed them about Atlas Deltas and gotten any info back?

I don't want to email them if someone already has...

Otherwise i will try.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #15,266 of 24,683
For me, the Spinfits work incredibly well with the Master. Great pity they didn't ship with them. I get a way better seal and the bass from the red barrels is just amazing.

Bob, restock the Spinfits!!!! Even better, sell them in three pairs of the same size!!!!!

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #15,268 of 24,683
For me, the Spinfits work incredibly well with the Master. Great pity they didn't ship with them. I get a way better seal and the bass from the red barrels is just amazing.

Bob, restock the Spinfits!!!! Even better, sell them in three pairs of the same size!!!!!
I had spinfits with the master. What do you feel is the most open sounding filter for master?

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #15,269 of 24,683

I had two orders being shipped simultaneously.

One order was for 1x Vyrus 2
The other order was for 1x Vyrus 2 + Icarus III.

The second order left out the Icarus III.

They didn't leave out the Icarus III per se. They are not ready to ship until next month which you can see on their site, so they sent you the Master from that order and will send you the Icarus III when they send them out to everyone. That is what I see anyway.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #15,270 of 24,683
I dont know if the master/pm6 filters will be like the older filters for the vyrus or pm4, but on some of them there was a ring near the bottom and behind it there was a small hole which I can only assume was used to tune the bass frequencies. You obviously dont want to cover that. So if its the same, my thinking is no, dont push it over the ring near the threads, push it up to that ring.

Makes sense, thanks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back