TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 15, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #6,766 of 24,683
Should I get the Hunter or the PM6? Would the Master sound better since it has an extra driver?

I have been wondering for a while now what potential benefits there are of dual coil vs using push pull arrangement. I think it may just be a physical space benefit so that the Hunter can fit in 4 single BA drivers instead of the 2 PM6 dual BA drivers. Of course I am probably missing something and the dual coil is actually better in some audible way. I look forward to someone more knowledgeable than me (cough Bob) to set the record straight.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #6,767 of 24,683
Is it possible to get the Silver cables along the PM6 by updating my total amount pledge rather than going in site to buy and pay for extra shipping? 

They offer free global shipping for items available on Trinity site. Only KS campaign need to include extra shipping

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #6,768 of 24,683
They offer free global shipping for items available on Trinity site. Only KS campaign need to include extra shipping

Ah cool, thanks man! Thinking whether I should go for it, does look really amazing.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #6,769 of 24,683
Both got 6 drivers. Hunter's description says "DUAL COIL TITANIUM DYNAMIC DRIVER" and "4 X BALANCED ARMATURES" = 6 :)
If you can afford the Hunter (you can get 20% off), go for it. Especially with the heat treated titanium colour you will get a very unique IEM. It should have a better resolution than the PM6 on top of other cables plus secret privileges :wink:

Hunter has 5 drivers (dual oil dynamic driver is just a single driver) and Master 6 has 6( 2 dynamic drivers )
Master 6 is slightly bigger than Hunter

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #6,772 of 24,683
Hi! First post here. This close to pulling the trigger on the PM4. I enjoy my AKG K553 at home and studio but need to replace a failing Meelectronic A151p for portable use. Figure I enjoyed a single BA so why not double it, and then add twin 7mm DDs. 

I do wish the different finishes were viewable before purchase. The Gunmetal does look phenomenal though! Also wish the BT lanyard were still in stock, though it's great to see they sold well. I'm very interested to hear the combination of BA and DD! 

Any Canadians here with insight into duty charges at the border? 

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #6,773 of 24,683
  Hi! First post here. This close to pulling the trigger on the PM4. I enjoy my AKG K553 at home and studio but need to replace a failing Meelectronic A151p for portable use. Figure I enjoyed a single BA so why not double it, and then add twin 7mm DDs. 

I do wish the different finishes were viewable before purchase. The Gunmetal does look phenomenal though! Also wish the BT lanyard were still in stock, though it's great to see they sold well. I'm very interested to hear the combination of BA and DD! 

Any Canadians here with insight into duty charges at the border? 

Hey, and welcome to the forum!
beerchug.gif

Regarding the finishes/colours of the PM4, I'd suggest looking at the images of the PM6 on their website (which I believe have more colour options to view than the PM4), or by searching the pictures uploaded into this thread. That should at least give you some kind of idea of what to expect. All the best with your itchy trigger finger
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #6,774 of 24,683

Hey, and welcome to the forum!
beerchug.gif

Regarding the finishes/colours of the PM4, I'd suggest looking at the images of the PM6 on their website (which I believe have more colour options to view than the PM4), or by searching the pictures uploaded into this thread. That should at least give you some kind of idea of what to expect. All the best with your itchy trigger finger
wink.gif

Thanks for that great advice! The Trinity website does have colour examples for the PM6. Makes it possible to somewhat visualize the other PM4 colour options. I'm torn between 'gunmetal' and 'polished aluminum'. I wonder if the polished aluminum option matches the silver accent on the cables.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #6,776 of 24,683
Website still has a September/October range to begin shipping. Not sure if that's still accurate since there was a recent reworking of the filter system + the current Kickstarter and all that. We'll probably hear something from Bob this month as to whether it's on time to start shipping in Oct or not

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #6,778 of 24,683
Website still has a September/October range to begin shipping. Not sure if that's still accurate since there was a recent reworking of the filter system + the current Kickstarter and all that. We'll probably hear something from Bob this month as to whether it's on time to start shipping in Oct or not

Well the PM4 is slated to ship out end of this month. I think somewhere in this thread has been said that the Hunter is shipping out more like November or possibly even December.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #6,779 of 24,683
/sulk

My BT lanyard finally come Tue but was not there to sign for it.

Rearranged for Fri - waited in all day and nothing. Bet delivery guy took it to a house next street (same name but mine is avenue the other is street) and an X rather than a Y in the post code. Guess no-one was there either as usually they are pretty good and bring it round.

So Jake gets to sort it for a 3rd time :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #6,780 of 24,683
/sulk

My BT lanyard finally come Tue but was not there to sign for it.

Rearranged for Fri - waited in all day and nothing. Bet delivery guy took it to a house next street (same name but mine is avenue the other is street) and an X rather than a Y in the post code. Guess no-one was there either as usually they are pretty good and bring it round.

So Jake gets to sort it for a 3rd time :)

That sucks bud :frowning2:
Third time's the charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back