TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 21, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #903 of 24,683
Hey all, I had an amazing time down at Trinity Audio headquarters yesterday and had a little play with the new Sabre. 

Firstly 
basshead.gif
 Secondly 
L3000.gif
. Finally a technology that isn't actually some fake marketing gimmick this push pull thing works. Have you ever envision what an open back over ear headphone would sound like in an earphone well you're getting close. Bob has worked tirelessly making every effort to produce an earphone so coherent, spacious and musical it's almost unfair on the competition. The Sabre sounds so unique honestly there couldn't be many or anyone I can imagine that wouldn't like them and with the vast array of tuning filters available you get the sound you want not a pushy sound forcing you to just put up with what it is. 

Also the Master 6 is rumored to be even better which if it is what Bob says it  is ,and I trust this guy after a meet to meet, believe me I have confidence it will be this is going to be a game changer and possibly a end game product for so many users. I don't think I've been this hyped in awhile!

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #905 of 24,683
  Hey all, I had an amazing time down at Trinity Audio headquarters yesterday and had a little play with the new Sabre. 

Firstly 
basshead.gif
 Secondly 
L3000.gif
. Finally a technology that isn't actually some fake marketing gimmick this push pull thing works. Have you ever envision what an open back over ear headphone would sound like in an earphone well you're getting close. Bob has worked tirelessly making every effort to produce an earphone so coherent, spacious and musical it's almost unfair on the competition. The Sabre sounds so unique honestly there couldn't be many or anyone I can imagine that wouldn't like them and with the vast array of tuning filters available you get the sound you want not a pushy sound forcing you to just put up with what it is. 

Also the Master 6 is rumored to be even better which if it is what Bob says it  is ,and I trust this guy after a meet to meet, believe me I have confidence it will be this is going to be a game changer and possibly a end game product for so many users. I don't think I've been this hyped in awhile!

Ugh. These comments are amazing and open my eyes.
I feel I am an average music listener learning to enjoy music more to decompress.  I own a Fidelio X1(love them as an over the ear headphone-most expensive cans/IEM,  I have bought) and Fidue A73 my IEM(again most expensive IEM I have purchased).  There is around a quality difference of course( X1 are better) but I love the A73.  I do not use an amp or dap.
I just like to hear the music as the artist intended, highs do cause me fatigue when over emphasized(not sure if I express this correctly).  I am not a bass head but do like some punch.  
Most important, I like to keep volume low(30%) with IEM for my hearing safety but still have clear detailed sound with my iPhone 6 and the Fide A73 work amazing.  With my X1 I feel a little safer with a notch or 2 more volume to really bring out the music. 

I an not an "audiophile" I do not believe I can discern the details like many of the amazing members here.  I just know what sounds good to my ears.  I try to keep cost-benefit ratio reasonable and the wife from killing me.

I want the Master 6 now....my wife we beat me to death with them if she finds out how much. Waaaaa.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #906 of 24,683

I feel I am an average music listener learning to enjoy music more to decompress.  I own a Fidelio X1(love them as an over the ear headphone-most expensive cans/IEM,  I have bought) and Fidue A73 my IEM(again most expensive IEM I have purchased).  There is around a quality difference of course( X1 are better) but I love the A73.  I do not use an amp or dap.
I just like to hear the music as the artist intended, highs do cause me fatigue when over emphasized(not sure if I express this correctly).  I am not a bass head but do like some punch.  
Most important, I like to keep volume low(30%) with IEM for my hearing safety but still have clear detailed sound with my iPhone 6 and the Fide A73 work amazing.  With my X1 I feel a little safer with a notch or 2 more volume to really bring out the music. 

I an not an "audiophile" I do not believe I can discern the details like many of the amazing members here.  I just know what sounds good to my ears.  I try to keep cost-benefit ratio reasonable and the wife from killing me.

I want the Master 6 now....my wife we beat me to death with them if she finds out how much. Waaaaa.

Well I am glad they are helping you see the leaps in sound quality you can get. Also welcome to Head fi sorry about your wallet lol.

I started off with a pair of SkullCandy earphones(No one get me banned) 
tongue_smile.gif
. The Fidelio X1 is really nice and I completely understand what you mean about hearing the music the way the artist intended it. Also own a pair of Fidue A65 and I enjoy them over some of the other more expensive pairs I have tired. 

You might feel like you can't pick out the details but with something like the Sabre or especially the Master 6 it's about so much more than that it's like lifting the veil from your music and hearing what you should have been allowed to hear in the first place. A big example of this is the spatial cues you get sounds will bounce around your head filling your soul with each note decay and twang of a guitar your toe instinctively taps along the beat. 

Hey if you don't want to get killed by your wife go for the Sabre you will be so satisfied the only issue I have is when I know there could be something better I just have to get it. When I started this journey I wish I would have skipped ahead and stopped wasting money on minor progressive upgrade instead I would have much rather spent one bit of cash on something I'll enjoy for aeons to come! Don't tell your wife I said any of this sounds like I'd get the third degree too hahahaha.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #907 of 24,683
  So you compare the Sabre with open back headphones in terms of soundstage? For eg. HD600?

Sorry - it's nowhere near the HD600.  I don't know of any IEM that is, and expecting that sort of with and depth is a bit unrealistic with a sealed IEM.

It's a reasonably spacious sounding earphone, but it's not the width of stage or the depth which is the strong point.  The stage is probably about average for a good IEM. And that should actually tell you it is above average overall. It's strength lies more in its imaging, and very clear spatial cues.

And I 'm actually listening to the Sabre as I type this.  I'll try and give you a bit more info tomorrow.  Very late here - and I need to hit the sack.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #908 of 24,683

Sorry - it's nowhere near the HD600.  I don't know of any IEM that is, and expecting that sort of with and depth is a bit unrealistic with a sealed IEM.

It's a reasonably spacious sounding earphone, but it's not the width of stage or the depth which is the strong point.  The stage is probably about average for a good IEM. And that should actually tell you it is above average overall. It's strength lies more in its imaging, and very clear spatial cues.

And I 'm actually listening to the Sabre as I type this.  I'll try and give you a bit more info tomorrow.  Very late here - and I need to hit the sack.

Agreed but I was more trying to get at that aspect I did say getting close, of course a direct comparison would be out of the question 

Brooko send me a message it's been awhile wanted to get your thoughts on the filters as I only had time with the Gold ones on. Also damn it with your fair ability not hype up too much although we need that I just get carried away it sounds like such a great piece of gear! 

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #909 of 24,683
  Agreed but I was more trying to get at that aspect I did say getting close, of course a direct comparison would be out of the question 

Brooko send me a message it's been awhile wanted to get your thoughts on the filters as I only had time with the Gold ones on. Also damn it with your fair ability not hype up too much although we need that I just get carried away it sounds like such a great piece of gear! 

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

That's the kind of reviews everybody should be giving. Overhyping headphones just give a false image on how good they actually are. And that problem is way too pronounced on Head-fi in my opinion. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #910 of 24,683
  That's the kind of reviews everybody should be giving. Overhyping headphones just give a false image on how good they actually are. And that problem is way too pronounced on Head-fi in my opinion. 

I get that and I certainly wasn't trying to devalue that fact I just want to make that crystal clear! The statement I made was certainly made to be light hearted. How many times have you actually bought something and then been disappointed at the results because the product was overhyped. I know it's been the cause for a lot of my losses.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #911 of 24,683

Yeah baby looking forward to your impressions of them
bigsmile_face.gif
Bob just let me know my Delta V2's have shipped so I'll be hearing those improvements shortly
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #912 of 24,683
Bob if I can ask on the BT lanyard, has there been any hissing noted at low volumes?  The lanyard will be have the battery obviously, any idea on how long charge will last?

I can't wait to get more info on this and then choose an IEM to go with it, sorry.

Choices are so hard- Delta VII, Sabre or just go Master 6?  Then there is the wait, I am impatient and want it all yesterday.  Gosh help me.  

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #913 of 24,683
Bob if I can ask on the BT lanyard, has there been any hissing noted at low volumes?  The lanyard will be have the battery obviously, any idea on how long charge will last?

I can't wait to get more info on this and then choose an IEM to go with it, sorry.

Choices are so hard- Delta VII, Sabre or just go Master 6?  Then there is the wait, I am impatient and want it all yesterday.  Gosh help me.  

No audible low volume hissing i have heard.

We will be issuing an update on kickstarter tomorrow with time scales etc as we now have something firm.

Battery life is 6-8 hours

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #914 of 24,683

Ooh, Ooh I got this
bigsmile_face.gif
BUY ALL THREE
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #915 of 24,683

Based on what you're listening to now, I think that you'll find one of the filters at least to be to your liking considering how many filters there are. I haven't listened to the A73 yet, but I did own an X1 (recently sold just to pare down the collection a little) and it skews on the slightly warmer side, very friendly to people like you who are a little sensitive to treble. I read that the A73 is the same way so it makes sense that you chose that IEM as well.

I can't say I have a definitive answer for choosing between the Master 6 with more budget or staying lower budget to keep the wife happy with the Sabre, but here's my two cents anyway. I say go for the Master 6. I say this because I know that when Bob says the Master 6 will do an overall better job, I can believe him on that. If I get that, I know I've gotten the best he's able to make and won't really have need for anything else due to the tuning filters. So in this case, you might save money in the long run by going straight to the top instead of spending money on successively better IEMs.

Good luck with the decision though!

Ooh, Ooh I got this
bigsmile_face.gif
BUY ALL THREE
beerchug.gif

Lol. I mean, if he does the college cup noodle diet for like the next month, he'd have enough right? Though I can't guarantee he'd be alive enough to buy it after that diet....
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back