Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jul 10, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,266 of 2,949
So on the Phoenix (reborn Vario), a couple of things:
- another preorder? They said they were done with preorders. I don't think they know what "done" means. Added to the list along with "shipped".
- "Discounted pricing is for pre order only and available only for the next 30 days. After the first 30 days pre order pricing will increase every 30 days until they ship." So by the time they actually ship out, the price would be like 2000 GBP, right? :p
- Estimated shipping date is October/November 2017......sooooo, there's a chance someone might see it mid-2019? It's certainly not gonna show up on here; I don't think anyone in the Head-Fi community is onboard to buy another Trinity Audio product since they still haven't received the ones they bought a year ago.

They just won't learn will they? Ship a product, EVERYTHING out the door, stabilize the product and customer base, then think about introducing a new product. They have yet to deliver to everyone even on products mapped out over a year ago. Anything on the preorder table right now, including the Icarus lineup, might as well be a pipe dream.

Jul 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,267 of 2,949
- another preorder? They said they were done with preorders. I don't think they know what "done" means. Added to the list along with "shipped".
- "Discounted pricing is for pre order only and available only for the next 30 days. After the first 30 days pre order pricing will increase every 30 days until they ship." So by the time they actually ship out, the price would be like 2000 GBP, right? :p
- Estimated shipping date is October/November 2017......sooooo, there's a chance someone might see it mid-2019? It's certainly not gonna show up on here; I don't think anyone in the Head-Fi community is onboard to buy another Trinity Audio product since they still haven't received the ones they bought a year ago.

They just won't learn will they? Ship a product, EVERYTHING out the door, stabilize the product and customer base, then think about introducing a new product. They have yet to deliver to everyone even on products mapped out over a year ago. Anything on the preorder table right now, including the Icarus lineup, might as well be a pipe dream.

Desperate times, desperate measures!
Looks like they learned nothing.

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #2,268 of 2,949
Desperate times, desperate measures!
Looks like they learned nothing.
Bringing back a metaphor of mine in one of these threads from a long while back......they fell down a ravine releasing all these new products and they were on their way slowly up again with the updates when they found a descending mineshaft in the cliffside and thought "yes, that'll bring us back up there."

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #2,270 of 2,949
Do they actually think anyone is actually going to enter into another preorder with what’s been going on? Seriously? They need to be completely focused on keeping the remaining preorderers happy (by giving realistic dates and actually delivering). There’s no way Trinity should have enough free time to be dabbling in yet a new project with all the crap that needs sorting out. If they need more money then take out another loan so they don’t have to spend more resources on another distant endeavor.

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #2,271 of 2,949
I just think that launching ANOTHER bloody pre-order when there are several promised predecessors that have still not materialised is tone-deaf and mind-bogglingly idiotic. Anyone who trusts TAE with their money at this point is kidding themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2,272 of 2,949
I think the most tragic part about this is if they would have stopped the madness and focuses on delivering just one or 2 stellar products, they could have overcome the poor release of the PM4. The hype train was still on the rails at that point, it just needed some fuel.

Instead they've just kept throwing more stuff in front of it and it's become a total derailment.

Too bad. I see the title of this thread "what the future holds". I don't think this is what anyone expected at the time. I maintain this would be an awesome story for someone in audiophile journalism.

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #2,273 of 2,949
I think the most tragic part about this is if they would have stopped the madness and focuses on delivering just one or 2 stellar products, they could have overcome the poor release of the PM4. The hype train was still on the rails at that point, it just needed some fuel.

Instead they've just kept throwing more stuff in front of it and it's become a total derailment.

Too bad. I see the title of this thread "what the future holds". I don't think this is what anyone expected at the time. I maintain this would be an awesome story for someone in audiophile journalism.

Agreed. Summer 2016 was the beginning of the end for Trinity.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,274 of 2,949
Does anyone actually know what’s causing the delays for any of the products (Icarus IV especially)? It looks like the majority of the work is done on the PM6 and Icarus IV so what could possibly be wrong?

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #2,275 of 2,949
Lack of money? My feeling is that they are always very aggressive in their pricing in this sale thing and they did missed two source of problems that have probably costed them a lot: the titan shells of the hunter are more expensive than expected and making a wireless IEM ain't just a matter of large antennas.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,276 of 2,949

It's kickstarter so they may, or not, be able to reach the goal. Most kickstarters don't come to Head-fi, if they did I would say for sure the product would get nowhere.

That said what I am pretty sure is that even a small percentage of us, especially the ones that receive their products, will get on that product. Personally I won't but we all think in different ways.

I do think it's really disrespectful to have these going-on-for-6-months problems and release, or try to, a new product.

I vote with my wallet and that's what I will do by not buying other products until they fix most of everyone's problems.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #2,277 of 2,949
Hi guys, for refund request, how long the process till money back? Mine paid using paypal with credit card.

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,278 of 2,949
@Spaceman24
" It looks like the majority of the work is done on the PM6 and Icarus IV so what could possibly be wrong?"

... and you base this assumption / statement on what?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2,279 of 2,949
Hahahahhahahahahahha....another "new" product....hahahahahaha..wow man, just wow. TA is something else. I hope nobody pre-orders that thing, maybe they will get the message... probably not though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back