Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 14, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #2,101 of 2,949
What a heated debate! Haven't visited this thread for a while. As to me I have received everything (of course with delays) and I just pre-ordered Icarus III as they promise to ship it in June (August maybe?). Unfortunately I fail to find any reviews and impressions of Icarus III and its sound signature. Curious how does it compare to Phantom Master 4.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #2,102 of 2,949
Those of you who cancelled the Hunters or Pm6s this late, how did you avoid paying the cancellation fee? I've been waiting for my Pm6s for a year now, and with the lukewarm reviews I don't think I even want them anymore. I'll probably go with LZ A4 or some high end earbuds instead.

Well, as it happens, I have a pair of new LZ-A4s for sale. I only tested them. PM me, when interested.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #2,105 of 2,949
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,106 of 2,949
Anyone ordered the silver litz cable last year got it delivered?
With repeated 'shipping later this week', 'upcoming weeks', 'as fast as possible' for the past few months, but empty promise as usual.
It is just one freaking cable not iem - do you need development time as well? Soon gonna cross 1 year mark.
Having doubt if i am gonna receive the cable, or worse got the SPC one - fingers X or am i thinking too much?

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,107 of 2,949
It is just one freaking cable not iem - do you need development time as well? Soon gonna cross 1 year mark.
That's crazy!
Last I read, was quite a while back, I think Bob said that they had brought someone in house to build the cables. Might have been overlooked, because there is no reason for that delay, when all this fuss started the very first thing to be delivered was someone's cable. Chase them up for sure.
Edit: apart from @TomKorn who got his wayyy back, I know one other guy who got his maybe 3 months ago?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #2,108 of 2,949
@Midgetguy put up his review on the hunters.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/trinity-audio-engineering-phantom-hunter.22461/reviews

@Midgetguy you did a great job!! Big thanks for your time and effort. I really enjoyed reading it.

Hope I didn't steal your thunder here. I was just exited to see this. Again great job.
Saved me the effort haha. I figured I had just enough time last night to put it up and then I went to bed. Figured that waiting til this morning to post about it in the threads would be better.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,109 of 2,949
What a heated debate! Haven't visited this thread for a while. As to me I have received everything (of course with delays) and I just pre-ordered Icarus III as they promise to ship it in June (August maybe?). Unfortunately I fail to find any reviews and impressions of Icarus III and its sound signature. Curious how does it compare to Phantom Master 4.

How could there be a review for something still in pre-order?

Think, people, think before posting...

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,112 of 2,949
How could there be a review for something still in pre-order?

Think, people, think before posting...

I heard the Icarus III at Canjam. Impressions here.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #2,115 of 2,949
I heard the Icarus III at Canjam. Impressions here.

Sure, there are passing impressions here and there, but there is a reason full reviews don't exist, and that's because no one has had the opportunity to spend significant time with them.

No one that I know of, at least.

Have you heard about pre-production samples?

Yes, I have. It doesn't appear to be something Trinity does, or at least has been doing for this latest round of products.

Sorry, I'm projecting frustration at the wrong person. Basically, it should be obvious why there aren't any reviews if you look at what an incredible dumpster fire this entire roll out has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back