Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 8, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #106 of 2,949
Hey folks, I've decided I will bite the bullet and get the Hunter. Is there any reason for me to also get the master 6?(looking at you indie gogo bundle). Otherwise I'll probably get two airs instead of the bundle.
It sounds like the hunter and PM6 will have very similar tuning so probably not. Though it would be great to have someone do a direct comparison.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #107 of 2,949
  I'm still not sure why the two need to be exclusive. There's no reason someone couldn't design a system that's fully replaceable and terminates at the Y. You get the advantages of both at that point, the flexibility, customizability, and ease of mind of a fully replaceable cable, as well as the convenience and quick switching between multiple tasks that terminating at the Y gives you. Because 99% of the time you're going to only change the lower portion of the cable, you don't really need to worry about wearing out the connectors on the IEMs. 

I actually thought the same, if both are replaceable you will most likely just wear out the bottom part but still leaves you the possibility to change the other cable but i understand that it could defeat their (Trinity) purpose with this planned change.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #108 of 2,949

Unless something changed and I missed it, it has the same BAs as the PM6 - two Sonion dual BAs. 

Unless it has changed recently, the PM6 was designed using 2 x DUAL BA drivers and the Hunter was using 4 x SINGLE BA drivers. Both dual and single were from Sonion of course so the sound quality is probably excellent in both cases, but I suspect there are more tuning options when dealing with 4 pipes instead of 2.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #109 of 2,949
  I'm still not sure why the two need to be exclusive. There's no reason someone couldn't design a system that's fully replaceable and terminates at the Y. You get the advantages of both at that point, the flexibility, customizability, and ease of mind of a fully replaceable cable, as well as the convenience and quick switching between multiple tasks that terminating at the Y gives you. Because 99% of the time you're going to only change the lower portion of the cable, you don't really need to worry about wearing out the connectors on the IEMs. 

I totally agree. A fully replaceable cable that also terminates at the Y split is what i would like best. If it's already fitted before shipment than people don't screw up the connection placing the cable incorrect.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #110 of 2,949

Unless it has changed recently, the PM6 was designed using 2 x DUAL BA drivers and the Hunter was using 4 x SINGLE BA drivers. Both dual and single were from Sonion of course so the sound quality is probably excellent in both cases, but I suspect there are more tuning options when dealing with 4 pipes instead of 2.

I think that was what we all initially assumed, but a few months back Bob stated that they both use the same dual BAs. At least I think I remember that. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #111 of 2,949
Thanks for the info Bob.

I just got 2 questions now:

(1) Can i use the 2-pin balanced Silver Litz cable i just ordered for Master 6 as well (as was my intention)?  Otherwise i would have to cancel the order.

(2) What is the new expected shipping date for Master 6 preorders? I assume not December anymore?

Thanks for answering.

Cheers

Tom

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #112 of 2,949
  Thanks for the info Bob.

I just got 2 questions now:

(1) Can i use the 2-pin balanced Silver Litz cable i just ordered for Master 6 as well (as was my intention)?  Otherwise i would have to cancel the order.

(2) What is the new expected shipping date for Master 6 preorders? I assume not December anymore?

Thanks for answering.

Cheers

Tom

Yes you can use the 2 pin Litz cable.
Estimated shipping was updated last month to January as they had issues getting the new drivers.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #113 of 2,949
Thanks.

Still not sure about this:

Bob posted the following:

"There are no major changes to the Master 6 and Hunter other than we will be using the industry standard recessed 2 pin set up rather than our own."

I ordered the Litz to go with my Master 4 + 6. But it seems they have different 2-pin connectors. 
I just don't want to buy a separate balanced cable for every single IEM (have the Atlas too...).

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #114 of 2,949
So now their is a confusion about the configuration between PM6 and Hunter's tuning +dd+ba drivers specially Hunters buyers want to know how can their hunters will be sound wise superior to PM6 in case the hunter has 5 drivers per side and pm6 has 6 same drivers per side, 
Bobtrinity please please please clear this confusion , , , , , 

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #115 of 2,949
  So now their is a confusion about the configuration between PM6 and Hunter's tuning +dd+ba drivers specially Hunters buyers want to know how can their hunters will be sound wise superior to PM6 in case the hunter has 5 drivers per side and pm6 has 6 same drivers per side, 

I'm wondering this as well, since he had been saying the tuning will be the same between the two all along, but Hunter was supposedly getting better drivers.  But we seem to be getting conflicting info and it is hard to keep track of all the changes.  Not a huge deal, The litz cables and premium materials alone make the Hunter worth it over the PM6... Unless it actually ends up sounding worse 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #116 of 2,949

I think that was what we all initially assumed, but a few months back Bob stated that they both use the same dual BAs. At least I think I remember that. 

It appears that you are correct Jeff. I went back and found a post from Bob:

M4 uses same drivers as delta v-ii and has been stated a couple of times in this huge thread so easily missed.M4 is 2 x dynamic and 2 x single BA.M6 and hunter both use 2 x sonion dual BA's in different states of tune. So m4 and hunter share absolutely nothing in common. Hunter uses a new way of tuning a ba rather than the typical damper on tube system employed by 99% of the industry and as such don't wish to reveal too much at this stage.

I am not sure how I came to my original conclusion.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #118 of 2,949

It appears that you are correct Jeff. I went back and found a post from Bob:

I am not sure how I came to my original conclusion.

If you check the description of item on trinity website they stated as pm6 carries 2 dual ba and hunter 4 balance armatures  which honestly I don't understand properly ,  

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #119 of 2,949
Thanks.

Still not sure about this:

Bob posted the following:

"There are no major changes to the Master 6 and Hunter other than we will be using the industry standard recessed 2 pin set up rather than our own."

I ordered the Litz to go with my Master 4 + 6. But it seems they have different 2-pin connectors. 
I just don't want to buy a separate balanced cable for every single IEM (have the Atlas too...).

Your cables will fit master 6 and Hunter

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #120 of 2,949

Final tuning is the difference in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back