Tried the M50, DT770 & AD700X, any others?
Mar 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Berlok

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

First up, this are what I intend to get a pair of cans for. Mostly home usage, Music, Movies & Games from my desktop DAC.

Tried the M50, DT770 80ohms and AD700X.

Felt the M50 bass to be on the boomier and looser. The mids were more front forward, which is something I been quite used to.
The DT770, bass felt tighter, better response and punchier which I liked. But the mids felt so concert feel, not that it is bad, just not used to it.
The AD700X, the highs were so harsh I took them out after 5 seconds.

At the sound of it, the perfect cans for me would be something with the M50 Mids and bass of the DT770.

Any recommendations I should look at? Or anything that I have misjudged about these cans.

Something got me thinking that, with the DT770 mids being further back, it might help with soundstage for my movies and games.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Feel free to take a look at the Ultimate Ears UE6000! Bass are well controlled, mids are more or less similar to ATH-M50 just that it is much cleaner! Soundstage are average when compared to open headphones like the HD598 but considered good for closed. Overall, clear clean sound with good amount of bass and quality.

Hope this help!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back