Transrotor Artus
Nov 6, 2006 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
World's most expensive LP player

The German company Transrotor has introduced a new top model: the Transrotor Artus. This LP player/phonograph/grammophone/turntable sets the record as the most expensive in the world, with a price of 118,000 Euros, the equivalent of $150,000 USD. At 220 kg (485 lbs) it is not the heaviest in the world. That record is being held by the 350 kg (772 lbs) heavy Clearaudio STATEMENT.

Transrotor Artus:

178.jpg

Transrotor's previous top model, the Gravita, weighs 150 kg (331 lbs) and is priced at 76,000 Euros ($97,000 USD):

gravita.jpg

gravita2.jpg

now thats a source
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Transrotor is the German rebadged version of Michell so this looks like a 5,000 USD Gyrodeck sporting a pair of SME V's sitting on a very expensive coffee table!
evil_smiley.gif

More of a piece of scupture than a source...

If I was going to blow that much money I think the Rockport at 70,000 USD is a better option. At least you are getting direct drive and an airbearing linear tracking tonearm.

And you'd still have enough change for a Porsche 356 roadster
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 8
The plants do not compliment the look of the turntable.

Steve Hoffman says the extra oxygen makes the sound better (wink - for some reason the smilies I put down won't appear on my desktop)

Nov 7, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 8
I've heard a few Transrotors and a few hours compared to the SME 30 with the same system ( Avalon Diamonds, Wavestream v8 triode mono blocks, Aesthetics 6 component phono stage, Calisto line stage) and the
SME at less than half the price kicked it's ass. Of course I've heard that table kick allot of other tables ( Clearaudio Ref., Brinkman , Vpi, Basis, Nottingham,) in that system. When your in San Jose for the National meet, visit the Analog Room and you can hear that system along with 4 others with a total of 15 other tables that are usually set up for demo's.

Nov 7, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

More of a piece of scupture than a source...

Obviously I've never heard it, but I tend to agree with this. It looks as if as much money and time was invested in aesthetics and pleasing design characteristics as there was money and time invested in the actual audio performance of the thing.

Nov 7, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut
I've heard a few Transrotors and a few hours compared to the SME 30 with the same system ( Avalon Diamonds, Wavestream v8 triode mono blocks, Aesthetics 6 component phono stage, Calisto line stage) and the
SME at less than half the price kicked it's ass. Of course I've heard that table kick allot of other tables ( Clearaudio Ref., Brinkman , Vpi, Basis, Nottingham,) in that system. When your in San Jose for the National meet, visit the Analog Room and you can hear that system along with 4 others with a total of 15 other tables that are usually set up for demo's.

there is going to a room JUST for analog? time to bring my souless dance music EPs!
lambda.gif
maybe that room will be a bit quieter too for more critical listening - here's hoping!

Nov 7, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 8
Nice foil shielding on the flowerpots.
wink.gif

Seriously, that is quite a piece of sculpture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back