Transparent Audio Power Wave 10 Conditioner?
Apr 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BlackstoneJD

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone ever tried one of these? Results?

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 5
bump

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 5
You must be a very patient person, to wait a half year for a reply.
It seems like a lot a money for a power conditioner that most people don't need.
If I were to buy a power conditioner (and I'm not) I would expect charts, graphs and real numbers in the specifications.

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 5
You should also consider the Bryston BIT 15, which costs about the same as the Powerwave 10. I own it and the sound improved markedly. Vocals and cymbals sounded much cleaner. Without the BIT, there was a slight 'hashy' noise that appeared around transients. More importantly, I haven't heard the amplifier strain to reproduce the loudest passages in music or movies. Everything in my setup is plugged into it - sources, integrated amp, plasma TV, headphone amp. I also think Bryston is (ironically) more transparent in their specifications and design than Transparent Audio.

http://bryston.com/products/other/BIT15.html

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 5
I have been using Furman products for gear protection and noise isolation for all my equipment for years. I bought them from eBay from an authorized seller.
I am happy with the Furman gear , but it is hard to provide an accessment of their performance other than to say I don't have noise problems nor any failed equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back