Transparency / Enveloping Sound at $1000
Jun 21, 2007 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jtwn

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry, its not about what I can tell you to achieve transparency at a grand, but what you can tell me
tongue.gif

As it stands, I run primarily run lossless/high bitrate mp3s from my AV-710 to my TA-FE370 Sony amp. Yes I know its an entry-level speaker amp but I require tone control as to my ears, all headphones sound deficient and have an element of lifelessness to them when the bass and treble aren't touched up a little bit. The difference between speakers and phones' without tone adjustment is night and day to me, there is just an element missing.

Anyway, enough of my blabbing, I am now very happy with my AD2000s (after my HD 600/SA 5000/CD 3000, which all have developed cable associated problems...), all which but have got the old upgradeitus and wondering what I could do to get the most lifeless transparency, best possible dynamics and enveloping and involving sound possible at $1000.

Electrostatics seem a bit out of my price point and I'm not sure whether the Stax 3030 would impress me. The K1000, well I'm not sure what price that goes at for now. As for the Sennheiser 'Surrounder'.....I'm not even going there
smily_headphones1.gif
Always been impressed with the Denon amps I've had and the D5000 is the only headphone in the range that seems to be inviting right now but whether that will actually improve on what I'd like is another thing I guess.

Any opinions? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back