transferring high quality audio files into iPhone
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JohnSantana

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

As far as I know, using iTunes means converting the musics by default to AAC,

So what is the best way to transfer high quality MP3 320 kbps and FLAC files into iPhone ?

thanks in advance !

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 6
iTunes supports MP3 and ALAC so you can use your MP3 files but you'll need to find a program and convert FLAC to ALAC. As for iTunes automatically converting files, you can stop this by switching that setting off when you plug in your iPhone. Just go to the sync page and there will be some options at the bottom of the page. Uncheck the box that says "convert higher bitrate files to___"

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 6
You can also buy a app called "Flac Player" at the App Store. You'll have to transfer the files manually and you'll loose the iTunes interface...but you won't have to covert the FLAC files.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 6
There are free apps that play flac, 8player lite and Aceplayer for example. The trick is getting the files into your phone, I don't know how to do that. I can stream from a DLNA server (on a laptop)  to my phone in high-res Flac though.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
iTunes supports MP3 and ALAC so you can use your MP3 files but you'll need to find a program and convert FLAC to ALAC. As for iTunes automatically converting files, you can stop this by switching that setting off when you plug in your iPhone. Just go to the sync page and there will be some options at the bottom of the page. Uncheck the box that says "convert higher bitrate files to___"

Ah..

so by unchecking this option, any MP3 320 KBps is transferred as is not downsampled ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back