Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,351 of 6,404
I am still on the fence for another CIEM / IEM to complement my Miracle (not even received and already thinking about the next, thank you headfi). The 1 plus 2 seems very nice. I'm still hesitating with Fiteat 334 or MH335, SE5-way, Heir Audio 8a, NT6 Pro or Lear LCM-5. All so good and all so different !

Same shoes with you but my want is more limited. ... fitear mh335dw or SE5 XD

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #1,353 of 6,404
Quote:
Same shoes with you but my want is more limited. ... fitear mh335dw or SE5 XD

What type of sound signature are you looking for though in a complimentary IEM? I find the 1Plus2 to be quite neutral so of course I didn't want another neutral IEM and opted for a euphoric/bassy one this time :wink:....

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #1,354 of 6,404
What type of sound signature are you looking for though in a complimentary IEM? I find the 1Plus2 to be quite neutral so of course I didn't want another neutral IEM and opted for a euphoric/bassy one this time :wink:....

Lee,

I was thinking of getting heir 8As as well, but I stumbled upon average joes multiple ciems thread and he says that SE5 is similar to 8As but is better overall, so I opted for SE5 instead. Also the silicone material is a plus too since it isolates and more comfortable than acrylic. Not to mention the price difference between the two is not that much apart as well.

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #1,356 of 6,404
Quote:
Lee,

I was thinking of getting heir 8As as well, but I stumbled upon average joes multiple ciems thread and he says that SE5 is similar to 8As but is better overall, so I opted for SE5 instead. Also the silicone material is a plus too since it isolates and more comfortable than acrylic. Not to mention the price difference between the two is not that much apart as well.

How much are the SE5s going for? Are you in Europe I take? I thought they go for $1,500+?

I also really want the SE5s :wink:. One day maybe :p.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,357 of 6,404
Around $1,500 compared to 8As now around $1,200 so not that much different for me. I'm from Asia, but fortunately have a lot of friends from the EU countries so purchasing will be lot easier than using the fowarding co proposed by spiral.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #1,360 of 6,404
Spiral ear se5 reference. I dont remember Joe comparing the SE 5 and the heir 8a. Plus the only problem I have is that their are few reviews of the se5, nt6 and such others. Coming back to the 1 plus 2, has the custom version been tested yet ?

www.head-fi.org/t/617699/custom-iem-review-heir-audio-8-a-long-live-the-king

^^ You could check at the comparison section.

I think the main reason why there is few reviews on SE5 and NT6 is simply because they are hard to acquire; however, that doesn't mean discount to their qualities.
About the custom 1plus2, I think Tralucent does make it, need to confirm tho :>

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,361 of 6,404
Quote:
Spiral ear se5 reference. I dont remember Joe comparing the SE 5 and the heir 8a. Plus the only problem I have is that their are few reviews of the se5, nt6 and such others. Coming back to the 1 plus 2, has the custom version been tested yet ?

To my knowledge no. They decided their 1Plus2 sounds even better than it would in a Custom unit, which is quite surprising to me and in a way a good thing. I wanted to keep it in universal form at the time, since it sounded so damn good and was debating if it could possible be a downgrade in terms of the comfort and sound quality (since I had a bad experience with my Custom TF10s). I figured why fix something that isn't broken. The IEM is not meant to give you the up-most isolation since it is a vented design. :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,363 of 6,404
Hey everyone,

Just ordered a pair of 1plus2. I don't have any experience with high-end IEMs. I'm mainly a headphone user (LCD-2).

I read through this whole thread over the weekend and I"m still undecided on a DAP.

I know Lee loves his Studio V, and others enjoyed their RWA-AK100/DX100. Any other contenders? Should I consider the Nova-3 as well?

I know the iPhone 5 isn't the best source, but I love how all my music is already organized on there. Is there any portable amp/dac that I can pair the iphone with that will give me similar sound quality to high-end DAPS?

RWA also offers their iMod. Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,364 of 6,404
Quote:
I am having a hard time seeing how a universal form can be better than the custom. The better surface of contact and isolation should improve overall sound, but I'm no expert.

Mimouille if you have not read impressions earlier on in this thread it is already known that owners of customs such as the Miracles, JH16 and ES5 prefer the/their 1Plus2s to even those Custom IEM in terms of sound quality. The same goes for the 1Plus2 besting the 334 and AKG3003. So don't be too hasty thinking a Custom IEM will be better because it is a custom. That is clearly not the case. :wink:

In terms of isolation then you are right a custom is clearly better. But in terms of sound quality, not so much. We'll learn a great deal more as the tour progresses as I've selected quite a few fellow headfiers who also own Custom IEMs as well as flagship Custom IEMs :).

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #1,365 of 6,404
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Just ordered a pair of 1plus2. I don't have any experience with high-end IEMs. I'm mainly a headphone user (LCD-2).

I read through this whole thread over the weekend and I"m still undecided on a DAP.

I know Lee loves his Studio V, and others enjoyed their RWA-AK100/DX100. Any other contenders? Should I consider the Nova-3 as well?

I know the iPhone 5 isn't the best source, but I love how all my music is already organized on there. Is there any portable amp/dac that I can pair the iphone with that will give me similar sound quality to high-end DAPS?

RWA also offers their iMod. Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks!

Apple is a good choice in terms of the UI and ease of use as you mention but in the end in terms of sound quality it will not compete with a DX100 or a high end DAP. You can strap and amp to it and improve things but it still won't be on par with such units. But of course if you need the garden then consider getting a portable amp with it although personally it kinda takes away from the portability factor of the iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back