Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #631 of 6,404
Quote:

Not to highjack the thread but Michael was very clear that the M8's AMP was not going to be as strong. I hope I'm wrong as I'm on the list but its
FWIR.

I didn't say as strong, I was talking sound quality. But while on the subject, I don't recall him definitively saying how strong it would be in relation to the DACmini, I know he's said the goal is to balance off battery life with the ability to drive just about any headphone with the exception of the worst cases like HE-6 and K1000's. As far as I know they haven't finalized that balance yet though but if they're able to achieve that goal then I expect it should be in the ballpark of the DACmini.

Edit: I know that before and during CANJAM CEntrance was using a less beefy version of the amp but have since decided to forgo that idea. Here's a recent post from Michael from the M8 thread. 

Quote:
Yes, we are on track for the more powerful version. This assumption was tested at CANJAM in Denver. The flimsier chip didn't pass muster. We are going for gusto with the M8! LCD should be no problem.

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #632 of 6,404
You're still making an affirmative assumption that you can never be completely sure of, ergo you can not make this assumption a fact.
Your fallacy in argument is this: Your jaws dropped, ergo everyone else's should. 
Do you see the fallacy now?
Quote:

Not to highjack the thread but Michael was very clear that the M8's AMP was not going to be as strong. I hope I'm wrong as I'm on the list but its
FWIR.

And GG my last comment is.......I believe 100% that when one plugs into a DAC~AMP for the first time, if the volume is of a sufficient amount to hear clearly the song (unless one has profound hearing loss) that is playing, there will be a WOW moment.........90% (based on the recorded material) of the time. With lossless and a decent DAP and almost any phones 99.9999999% of the time. FOR ANYONE.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #633 of 6,404
Quote:

I didn't say as strong, I was talking sound quality. But while on the subject, I don't recall him definitively saying how strong it would be in relation to the DACmini, I know he's said the goal is to balance off battery life with the ability to drive just about any headphone with the exception of the worst cases like HE-6 and K1000's. As far as I know they haven't finalized that balance yet though but if they're able to achieve that goal then I expect it should be in the ballpark of the DACmini.

Edit: I know that before and during CANJAM CEntrance was using a less beefy version of the amp but have since decided to forgo that idea. Here's a recent post from Michael from the M8 thread. 

From your mouth to G-ds ears :)

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #634 of 6,404
Quote:
From your mouth to G-ds ears :)

confused_face_2.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #636 of 6,404
Quote:

Don't feel bad or the need to apologize, we all go through this audio journey in different ways. If you haven't heard a good source and amp it's probably hard to understand the difference it will make. You'll get there when you're ready. :)

That said, congrats on the 1plus2's! I'm going to be looking forward to reading your impressions and hopefully some comparisons to a few of the other IEM's in your stable. I can't wait to hear the demo pair myself, during the slow period a few weeks back my interest waned a bit but after recently talking to Gavin about the tour and the revisions, our discussions have rejuvenated my enthusiasm. It's not just the product either, it's the responsiveness and genuine passion that is apparent when talking with him.

I'm curious why you think the amp section will be a weak point? The DACmini has a pretty good headphone amp in it and the HiFi-M8 is supposed to have a similar, if not better, amp, plus it will also have more control over the output making it easier to use with a wide range of headphones. Sure it's not likely to beat out a good standalone amp but as a portable DAC/Amp combo my expectation is this will be one of the better ones on the market.

What really appeals to me about the HiFi-M8 is it's versatility, it's USB and iDevice inputs will allow for high quality listening in many more situations than I'm able to now. It should also be able to drive all but the most difficult headphones which will give me flexibility in my future buying decisions. The various "sound shaping" switches on the back will, at least to some degree, help match and tailor the sound of each headphone I use with it. That it will offer balanced output as well as single-ended is a bonus which gives me a further upgrade path. That's not to mention that based on my experiences with the DACmini and from what I've read about the design goals of the M8 I expect it will offer some of the best sound quality from a portable DAC/Amp combo unit. It's shaping up to be the swiss army knife of portable DAC/Amp combos.

As you can tell I'm pretty excited about the prospect of the HiFi-M8, I've been waiting for a product like it to be released for quite some time now, but that's me, your needs and preferences may be very different to mine. A DAP may serve you better or maybe a good USB DAC/Amp, there's plenty of things out there to consider. I think the first step is figuring out how and where you want to use it, that will start to narrow down the choices giving you more focus.

If you read my reread my comment you notice I said "I feel the amp section will be a weak-point in comparison to what I already have". Meaning I think I'll be downgrading on the amp section and I don't think that is worth it. I'd rather just have their improved 24/192 DAC to pair with my amp :). I'm sure it's a good amp but in my case I just don't see it as being worth it.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #637 of 6,404
Quote:
You're still making an affirmative assumption that you can never be completely sure of, ergo you can not make this assumption a fact.
Your fallacy in argument is this: Your jaws dropped, ergo everyone else's should. 
Do you see the fallacy now?

I agree with both of your comments to an extent. In regards to Sara's well it is his opinion and I'll respect it. The one part I may not agree on is that most people will feel the same way as in reality most people don't appreciate audio like we all do. Most people consider sound as sound. Not matter how good or how bad it sounds. It is the same thing. That is the sad part.

@GG you do have a point but in the end it is Saragui'es opinion. I've been here long enough to wade through the mud if you will and I think most get to that point being here long enough. Yes I've been burned quite a few times here but I won't hold it against others, I just take it as a learning experience. Just I don't see eye to eye with these people nor do we hear things the same. So in the end I'll respect their opinion but I won't take their opinions into consideration when it comes to making purchases :wink:. Sara the last few sentences have nothing to do with you so don't take offense to that :). Once you've found a select number of individuals whose sound preferences happen to line up with yours consistently, generally speaking it is that much more of a safer bet when taking their views into consideration regarding audio purchases. That means the potential to save money opposed to wasting it :).

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #638 of 6,404
Yes, agreed. I respect his opinion too, but there's more to his statement that I'm trying to point out.

My point to Saraguie is that his opinion and what he hears does not translate into a definitive fact that others will feel or hear exactly the same. Giving suggestions with supposed 'facts' that are grounded only by personal opinion does not help anyone at all by misleading readers, so Saraguie would actually help better if he merely informs people that they may hear what he is hearing, instead of just putting it out there as unequivocal fact.

It's like going around Head-Fi saying headphone cables will 100% absolutely make a gigantic difference, and that it will just make everyone's jaws drop in awe, just because it made a gigantic difference to me, and made my jaws drop.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying now. Please don't take offense, I'm merely suggesting a correction in your style of posting before you get the ban hammer or warnings. I went through this phase (I used to claim stuff long ago as if I heard it myself when I did not, and suggest others with no experience in the gears I was suggesting, and got myself a nice warning from admins and berating by members)...
Quote:
I agree with both of your comments to an extent. In regards to Sara's well it is his opinion and I'll respect it. The one part I may not agree on is that most people will feel the same way as in reality most people don't appreciate audio like we all do. Most people consider sound as sound. Not matter how good or how bad it sounds. It is the same thing. That is the sad part.

@GG you do have a point but in the end it is Saragui'es opinion. I've been here long enough to wade through the mud if you will and I think most get to that point being here long enough. Yes I've been burned quite a few times here but I won't hold it against others, I just take it as a learning experience. Just I don't see eye to eye with these people nor do we hear things the same. So in the end I'll respect their opinion but I won't take their opinions into consideration when it comes to making purchases :wink:. Sara the last few sentences have nothing to do with you so don't take offense to that :). Once you've found a select number of individuals whose sound preferences happen to line up with yours consistently, generally speaking it is that much more of a safer bet when taking their views into consideration regarding audio purchases. That means the potential to save money opposed to wasting it :).

I think I derailed this thread way too far, so back OT.

Regarding the T1 amp, someone told me their T1 could play music while charging but it would give them noise. He also mentions that someone else's T1 plays while charging perfectly fine. Mine doesn't play music at all. Does anyone know what the official thing is with playback while charging? This is the only con I've taken notice so far; I'd definitely like continuous playback like the O2. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #639 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes, agreed. I respect his opinion too, but there's more to his statement that I'm trying to point out.

My point to Saraguie is that his opinion and what he hears does not translate into a definitive fact that others will feel or hear exactly the same. Giving suggestions with supposed 'facts' that are grounded only by personal opinion does not help anyone at all by misleading readers, so Saraguie would actually help better if he merely informs people that they may hear what he is hearing, instead of just putting it out there as unequivocal fact.

It's like going around Head-Fi saying headphone cables will 100% absolutely make a gigantic difference, and that it will just make everyone's jaws drop in awe, just because it made a gigantic difference to me, and made my jaws drop.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying now. Please don't take offense, I'm merely suggesting a correction in your style of posting before you get the ban hammer or warnings. I went through this phase (I used to claim stuff long ago as if I heard it myself when I did not, and suggest others with no experience in the gears I was suggesting, and got myself a nice warning from admins and berating by members)...

I think I derailed this thread way too far, so back OT.

Regarding the T1 amp, someone told me their T1 could play music while charging but it would give them noise. He also mentions that someone else's T1 plays while charging perfectly fine. Mine doesn't play music at all. Does anyone know what the official thing is with playback while charging? This is the only con I've taken notice so far; I'd definitely like continuous playback like the O2. 

Mine works perfectly fine while charging it. Although I am using a dedicated plug for it so that may have something to do with it (instead of being plugged into USB on the PC which may not give enough power). I didn't notice any noise either but I did notice the amp getting noticeable warm so I just charge it while not using it now to preserve the battery.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #640 of 6,404
Quote:

Mine works perfectly fine while charging it. Although I am using a dedicated plug for it so that may have something to do with it (instead of being plugged into USB on the PC which may not give enough power). I didn't notice any noise either but I did notice the amp getting noticeable warm so I just charge it while not using it now to preserve the battery.

Speaking of the amp anyone know what the exact specs and topography of this amp is?

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #641 of 6,404
You can check out ClieOS thread on it. Here are the specs he posted

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637932/impression-tralucent-audio-t1#post_8907942

Spec
Input Impedance: 10k ohm
Output Current: 350mA
Output Power: 1000mW / 8ohm
Gain: 3x
Frequency Response 1Hz – 100kHz

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #642 of 6,404
Quote:

If you read my reread my comment you notice I said "I feel the amp section will be a weak-point in comparison to what I already have". Meaning I think I'll be downgrading on the amp section and I don't think that is worth it. I'd rather just have their improved 24/192 DAC to pair with my amp :). I'm sure it's a good amp but in my case I just don't see it as being worth it.

Sorry, I must have misread your post. That's what I get for reading the forums first thing in the morning before I'm really awake.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #643 of 6,404
Not sure if anyone knows this, but I don't want to go back and scan all 43 pages of this thread, but I had a chat with Gavin (Tralucent). They have raised the price to $1300, but have changed the IEM itself, and it can be bought here, at Musica Acoustics. Gavin also claims he has heard the FitEar To Go! 334 and prefers the new 1plus2 to it, for anyone who was curious.

However, I'm still stuck in picking between these, the Aurisonics AS-2, and Heir Audio 8.A. If anyone can, is it possible to compare it to the Aurisonics AS-2, and Heir Audio 8.A (4.Ai out of curiosity)? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry! I put up the links. 

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #644 of 6,404
Quote:
Not sure if anyone knows this, but I don't want to go back and scan all 43 pages of this thread, but I had a chat with Gavin (Tralucent). They have raised the price to $1300, but have changed the IEM itself, and it can be bought here, at Musica Acoustics. Gavin also claims he has heard the FitEar To Go! 334 and prefers the new 1plus2 to it, for anyone who was curious.

However, I'm still stuck in picking between these, the Aurisonics AS-2, and Heir Audio 8.A. If anyone can, is it possible to compare it to the Aurisonics AS-2, and Heir Audio 8.A (4.Ai out of curiosity)? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry! I put up the links. 

I should be getting my pair of Heir 8As soon. Anyways regarding the Fit Ear 334 and the older model 1Plus2 I still preferred the older model to the 334 so I am quite excited to see how much better the newer 1Plus2 potentially is :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back