Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #5,356 of 6,404
Sensaphonics does a fair amount of custom sleeve business for Shure and Etymotic users. The nice thing is that it provides many of the benefits of a CIEM, but keeps your universal pristine for potential resale.

Link for more info: http://www.sensaphonics.com/category/products/custom-fit-iem-sleeves

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #5,357 of 6,404
  So now the question is whether:

1. Ref 1 + Gold/Silver > 1p2 + uBer

or

2. Ref 1 + Silver > 1p2+ uBer

I don't have Gold/Silver and my vote goes to...

Ref.1 + Silver

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #5,359 of 6,404

Can you elaborate on the difference (Uber vs Silver), please?

Uber
- More palpable in all aspects.  
- More "air" around each instrument and you can feel better separations between them.
- Details are finer.
- Vocal...can feel the "throat" of singer in some recording (Jamica Farewell/Day O -Harry Belafonte/At Carnegie Hall) 

However, the silver seems like deliver more mid-bass than the uber and somehow is good choice for listening to those old pop recordings in the 70s.  

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #5,360 of 6,404
  Uber
- More palpable in all aspects.  
- More "air" around each instrument and you can feel better separations between them.
- Details are finer.
- Vocal...can feel the "throat" of singer in some recording (Jamica Farewell/Day O -Harry Belafonte/At Carnegie Hall) 

However, the silver seems like deliver more mid-bass than the uber and somehow is good choice for listening to those old pop recordings in the 70s.  

It is nice to hear that the silver cable is good for something - lol. It is the cable I have with my pair and I enjoy the 1p2 through it immensely - certainly there is a difference with the $700 and $1200 upgrade cables - but at this point, I will get used to my silver for a bit before going hog-wild.....

I might even use the silver with a few of my other cans.. has anyone else done that?

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #5,361 of 6,404
I plan on using my Whiplash TWag V3 for my Ref1, which I've been using with my Heir 8.0. I also have a hybrid cable from Null Audio due to arrive, so whichever sounds better really. I'm banking on the TWag but you never know.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #5,362 of 6,404
  It is nice to hear that the silver cable is good for something - lol. It is the cable I have with my pair and I enjoy the 1p2 through it immensely - certainly there is a difference with the $700 and $1200 upgrade cables - but at this point, I will get used to my silver for a bit before going hog-wild.....

I might even use the silver with a few of my other cans.. has anyone else done that?

I picked the silver when bought the 1Plus2 as I was using Tera Player which has a pretty analogue SQ and found there is no sibilant as many complained about the 1Plus2.  Also, due to my home set up which is bias towards "monitor" SQ rather than hi-fi, the silver gives me better crisp imaging & separation over the silver/gold.  

Did not hear the silver/gold with Ref.1 though but read a lot of good reviews of the combo.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #5,364 of 6,404
Guys, any impressions wrt 1plus2 (uber) balanced with the AK240? I just bought the AK240 and will receive it next week..

Im a weak weak fool

You made me laugh, a lot...

I remember your comments about its price and how happy you are with your modded C4 rig and all...

Anyway that's the head-fi, this is the spirit. Everybody let's keep on buying overpriced gears so the manufacturers can make more overpriced gears.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #5,365 of 6,404

I remember your comments about its price and how happy you are with your modded C4 rig and all...

Anyway that's the head-fi, this is the spirit. Everybody let's keep on buying overpriced gears so the manufacturers can make more overpriced gears.

I know right, and the modded c4 pro might sound better too.. But im like this. .. Gotta get that top end gear, be done with it so I don't have to look up anymore..

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #5,366 of 6,404
So Gavin told me about 10 days and he'll have mine ready. I'm thinking of getting another DAP, I've narrowed it down to Calyx M and RWAK120B (Something about being fully balanced is getting me as I'll use my Intruder amp. with it). Final 2 spots are ak120ii and ak100ii.

Anyone have any suggestions for these? Money isn't a factor for these devices, I'm going on SQ, looks (subjective and like them all), and UI. I do prefer lots of bass... But clarity too. Battery life is acceptable on all the devices for me, Calyx being the min acceptable.
Please help me decide, pros and cons, etc...Forgot, I have a zx1 now

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #5,367 of 6,404
I know right, and the modded c4 pro might sound better too.. But im like this. .. Gotta get that top end gear, be done with it so I don't have to look up anymore..

Nazrin
I am afraid your neck can not be at rest until your ak240 is modded LoL

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #5,369 of 6,404

That's the bad influence from all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back