Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #5,056 of 6,404
Thanks for the kind words of our new IEM, which will be named the Ref. 1

A few spec details for clarification:-

- We are using an Isobaric/k dynamic driver. Which is two dynamic drivers sealed moving in tandem in the same direction (we purchased every unit available)

- TWFK BA drivers

- Filter less system

- Proprietary silver/gold internal wiring especially developed for the Ref. 1

- Smaller Shell

- MMCX connectors

- 26.8 Ohm

Wow I'm speechless. Getting this new IEM will probably prove to be even more exciting for me than the recent purchase of my AK240! I wonder if this new IEM will revolve around the Uber cable or some unique proprietary cable again.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #5,057 of 6,404
Wow I'm speechless. Getting this new IEM will probably prove to be even more exciting for me than the recent purchase of my AK240! I wonder if this new IEM will revolve around the Uber cable or some unique proprietary cable again.

any availability estimate date ? 

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #5,058 of 6,404

AHHHH... I just received my Custom Roxane !!   I guess I need to save some more money again !  
biggrin.gif

I was almost in the same boat as you, now it seems like I will reserve the cash for Ref.1.  I am really interested in this, more so than Hugo Chord. I am sure with Gavin's taste, this will be one hell of an IEM.

May seems like 10 years away now.. The wait begins here.. lol

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #5,059 of 6,404

any availability estimate date ? 

Bluebear, sorry.... I do not own 1plus2 (I was always meaning to but got distracted by other new toys...). I was informed the target release date of this new iem is May this year. I think it is gonna be a killer iem. Originally, I thought I did not have to upgrade portable gear as I bought FitEar C435 and Hugo this year...

I think it's estimated to be released in May.

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #5,061 of 6,404
Thanks for the kind words of our new IEM, which will be named the Ref. 1

A few spec details for clarification:-

- We are using an Isobaric/k dynamic driver. Which is two dynamic drivers sealed moving in tandem in the same direction (we purchased every unit available)

- TWFK BA drivers

- Filter less system

- Proprietary silver/gold internal wiring especially developed for the Ref. 1

- Smaller Shell

- MMCX connectors

- 26.8 Ohm

OMG, subscribed 2x :D

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #5,063 of 6,404
Wow! Ever since hearing the 1Plus2's I haven't found myself getting overly excited about new product announcements, but a new Tralucent IEM? Now that is exciting news indeed! Looking forward to reading more about them and hopefully getting to hear them as well.

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #5,065 of 6,404
Gavin, please bring them in... new 1p2 sooooo exciting, huh hopefully there will be a tour of this new baby??? :D

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #5,066 of 6,404

Gavin, please bring them in... new 1p2 sooooo exciting, huh hopefully there will be a tour of this new baby???
biggrin.gif

I'm not exactly sure of all the details yet. But he said he is going to save the "1Plus" naming-scheme for later iterations of IEMs that will be more closely related to the 1Plus2s sound signature. The Reference 1 is voiced quite differently from the 1Plus2 to my knowledge.

I think it's not really related to 1plus2 in terms of SQ according to lee730, so it is not exactly a new 1plus2. There will/may be other IEMs from Gavin that will replace 1plus2 when the time comes. The Ref. 1 will most likely be addressing a different kind of SQ to complement rather than replace 1plus2, but definitely exciting to hear it from a 2+2 Isobaric/k dynamic drivers. I just hope it is not too expensive. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #5,070 of 6,404
Don't you know nothing can sound great if not uber expensive :L3000:

AK did that and you see lots of unhappy audiophiles ranting and flaming AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back