Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #422 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes, need a load for the amp to output the signal, otherwise, nothing happens. Sound has definitely smoothed, and mids are more prominent than before when it was very distant. Means, less mid bass creep perception since it's not overpowering the mids anymore.

Ok now what does that equate to in your opinion :wink:. I hope that a good thing :p. I'm a sucker for a smooth presentation. As long as the detail is all there is makes for a very enjoyable experience. Plus longer listening without fatigue. The most excitement I've gotten though with headphones was my open-back denon 5000s. While the treble could be quite hot on them it was a very addictive sound. Just would get tired after a while. But while listening initially, WOW....  The sound was a combination of FX700 and EX1000, just plain craps on them though in comparison.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #423 of 6,404
They certainly are. I'm really enjoying the powerful dynamic drivers and how low they can reach, now that they're not overpowering the previously distant mids.

I was always a sucker for smooth presentation, and is a reason why I love my ES5s so much. The ES5 and the 1Plus2 have two different objectives, and are really for different genres in my opinion. I am getting the silver cables in soon, sometime next week, so let's see how they are then. (I gotta burn those in as well :frowning2:()

Anyone of you want to lend me your StudioV3? :wink:
Quote:
So the IEM is working out for you?

Quote:
Ok now what does that equate to in your opinion :wink:. I hope that a good thing :p. I'm a sucker for a smooth presentation. As long as the detail is all there is makes for a very enjoyable experience. Plus longer listening without fatigue. The most excitement I've gotten though with headphones was my open-back denon 5000s. While the treble could be quite hot on them it was a very addictive sound. Just would get tired after a while. But while listening initially, WOW....  The sound was a combination of FX700 and EX1000, just plain craps on them though in comparison.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #425 of 6,404
Quote:
If you have a Tera Player for me to borrow I don't see why not :p.

I think that player is more hype then anything but who knows it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #426 of 6,404
I'm just tempted to hear how it sounds. Since Hiflight owns both the DX100 and the Tera and prefers the Tera player for general use. It's very smooth nature is what is really tempting me. Then again its lack of features and price is also a major turn off. At least from what I'm hearing it is so smooth you could easily listen to it at dangerous levels... That just makes me wanna try it out more lol :).

Anyways I rooted my DX100 with Sorensiims directions and really like how it works now. Besides the few quirks ibasso irritatingly hasn't fixed yet....
rolleyes.gif
I am very much enjoying how the player functions as a whole. Once in the playlist section it performs not far at all from my iphone 4 in UI. Actually comparable to be honest.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #427 of 6,404
Quote:
I'm just tempted to hear how it sounds. Since Hiflight owns both the DX100 and the Tera and prefers the Tera player for general use. It's very smooth nature is what is really tempting me. Then again its lack of features and price is also a major turn off. At least from what I'm hearing it is so smooth you could easily listen to it at dangerous levels... That just makes me wanna try it out more lol :).

Anyways I rooted my DX100 with Sorensiims directions and really like how it works now. Besides the few quirks ibasso irritatingly hasn't fixed yet....
rolleyes.gif
I am very much enjoying how the player functions as a whole. Once in the playlist section it performs not far at all from my iphone 4 in UI. Actually comparable to be honest.

Why do i see myself going the DX100 route a few months down the road
rolleyes.gif

You're an evil man lee
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #428 of 6,404
For me they both serve a different purpose but have both greatly heightened my expectations for portable audio when it comes to sound quality. Pretty much the Studio V made it where I never used my Sansa Fuze or iphone4 anymore for portable use. The DX100 just took it further and it depends on my mood if I want to carry it around. If not I'm apt to use it while at home or doing short errands. Just depends on my mood.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #429 of 6,404
I'm thinking this Studio V will supplant my RX MK II for the simple fact its form factor is that more better for long running around mobile use.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #430 of 6,404
Wow that's a pretty big step. I heard the  ALO II was quite good itself. I wonder how it would fair against the ALO MKIII? I bet you though you are really gonna enjoy the UHA6 MKII if the Studio is indeed taking it's place :). Did you try using the Studio V yet as an amp? It can also be used as an amp. Look at that other plug next to the HO, plug into that to use it as an amp. You'll have to restart the player though if you want to revert back to the regular player. You need to make sure not to be plugged into the amp section as well if you intend on changing back. The previous Studio V was very reminiscent of the RSA Mustang Amp. The newer Studio is even more refined than previously so not sure if it would still sound like that amp or not.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #431 of 6,404
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

I was very surprised, after what I have read, how fast and trouble free the UI was on Lee's Dx100. And the sound...WOW!

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #432 of 6,404
Quote:
lol not when the IEMs are the same :wink:.

Well I got to meet up with Saraguie today and we did some cross-comparisons. In the end he still preferred the Fit Go 334s and I preferred the Tralucents. The 334s nice though. IMO they sound better than the AKGs. Bass was surprisingly good on them and in good quantity. The mids were nice, accurate. The treble was also quite detailed, could be a bit hot up top but nothing I couldn't handle. Overall a somewhat neutral sound without being thin or boring. Saraguie does use Comply tips with them so not sure if that played a roll in things. I notice comply tips tend to muffle treble and increase bass presence, so not to my liking. The Miracles take the crown though for Saraguie out of them all.

With the little time I had with the Traslucents, I was impressed with the SQ. IMHO, the bottom is very well represented. Not boom boom, but very smooth and present.
I enjoyed listening to them and am looking forward to when its my turn on the tour.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #434 of 6,404
Quote:
Wow that's a pretty big step. I heard the  ALO II was quite good itself. I wonder how it would fair against the ALO MKIII? I bet you though you are really gonna enjoy the UHA6 MKII if the Studio is indeed taking it's place :). Did you try using the Studio V yet as an amp? It can also be used as an amp. Look at that other plug next to the HO, plug into that to use it as an amp. You'll have to restart the player though if you want to revert back to the regular player. You need to make sure not to be plugged into the amp section as well if you intend on changing back. The previous Studio V was very reminiscent of the RSA Mustang Amp. The newer Studio is even more refined than previously so not sure if it would still sound like that amp or not.

Well I think the MK II sounds better then the Studio V. What I'm driving at is I'm getting tired of walking around with a large brick in my pocket. I don't mind doing it now and again but doing it day in and day out gets rather tiring after awhile. I will also say even though the MK II sounds better than the V it's not by much, The MK II surpasses the V in bass impact and smoothness. The V in it's own regard seems to have the better mids as well as more aggressive sound but I'm guessing the mids part is only because the MK II is using the iPod as a DAC. I'd like to one day hear what the MK II could sound like with a full CLAS setup behind it. In a few more days I'll do some direct A/Bing and try and post a final review onto digital paper.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #435 of 6,404
Quote:
GG you have a point about straining the amp while burning it in.... Seems the T1 is getting better now :p. The Volume pot now seems to have even better control of the sound than before. The sound has smoothed out some. Saraguie seemed to like the T1 as well. He liked the treble on it.

I thought the amp was very bright. I mean that in a positive way. I had a Hornet and the T1 blew it away. 

I think with this AMP and with their first IEM the Translucent company has shown that they make quality products, and can be counted as a top tier contender in the
portable audio arena.

And big Mahalos Lee, for the show and tell, all the info, and your time that you take sharing the basics with me. Soon, (I hope 
tongue.gif
), I'll graduate to intermediate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back