Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #3,826 of 6,404
Quote:
ok Music, so what about SD2?

Quote:
He thinks it sucks even more than the k3003 apparently.

Well, one is German, the other one Austrian… what do you expect? (highlighted text)

That said, the SD2 is a phone several (perhaps many, even) would find a bit boring because it's closer to a reference type IEM, but it is rather exciting to these ears and a very good all-rounder. The FA4s are sonically a step above the SD2s, to these ears, in the way they render music irrespective of what is considered more 'correct' from a FR standpoint. Not only are the FA4s more realistic sounding but they do have a fuller, more 3D sound, with very, very good extension at both ends of the spectrum — layering is simply excellent for a (German-made) 385€ IEM that can compete in more ways than one with several $1,000+ IEMs. It's also an excellent all-rounder and supremely comfortable.

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #3,827 of 6,404
Music, ok, i checked German forums and it seems FA4 are often compared to SD3, some people hearing both said FA4 has excellent PRAT while SD3 excels over FA4 in 3D stage and apparently layering, some also say the presence effect is stronger on SD3. just telling what i am reading, it seems both FA4 and SD3 are very popular on German forums.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,829 of 6,404
Quote:
The FA4s are sonically a step above the SD2s, to these ears, in the way they render music irrespective of what is considered more 'correct' from a FR standpoint. Not only are the FA4s more realistic sounding but they do have a fuller, more 3D sound, with very, very good extension at both ends of the spectrum — layering is simply excellent for a (German-made) 385€ IEM that can compete in more ways than one with several $1,000+ IEMs. It's also an excellent all-rounder and supremely comfortable.

Seems like you're slowly but surely turning into a FA4 fanboy, since you brought them up when nobody was asking about them in the first place. 
wink.gif

Quote:
I'd be very suspicious of anything our German (and Austrian) friends say.

That's some excellent advice!

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3,830 of 6,404
Quote:

Seems like you're slowly but surely turning into a FA4 fanboy, since you brought them up when nobody was asking about them in the first place. 
wink.gif

That's true! Perhaps unconsciously I've been learning from someone who would far too often mention their favourite IEM completely out of the blue AND bash other competing IEMs in the process….... or else, this latest cross-posting (ASG-2 & 1p2 thread) is a bit too much for a very, very elderly and fragile grumpy sparrow!

Mind you, the great thing about becoming a fanboy is that it makes one feel soooo much younger.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #3,831 of 6,404
Quote:

That's true! Perhaps unconsciously I've been learning from someone who would far too often mention their favourite IEM completely out of the blue AND bash other competing IEMs in the process….... or else, this latest cross-posting (ASG-2 & 1p2 thread) is a bit too much for a very, very elderly and fragile grumpy sparrow!

Mind you, the great thing about becoming a fanboy is that it makes one feel soooo much younger.

GR07.

K3003 sucks.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #3,832 of 6,404
Quote:

GR07.

K3003 sucks.

Not quite. Well, not exactly. It was more like: XIEM v1 & XIEM v2 rule and the EX1000, TG334 & K3003 suck BIG time.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3,833 of 6,404
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #3,835 of 6,404
Not quite. Well, not exactly. It was more like: XIEM v1 & XIEM v2 rule and the EX1000, TG334 & K3003 suck BIG time.

sucks big time? did you care to measure this in graphs? :wink:))

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3,836 of 6,404
Quote:
Hi all!

just want to ask everybody how do you fight with sibiliance? I tried 1plus2 on the different setups and everywhere I found them superfluous. I know that incredible scene, which tralucent has, its just because of perfect highs. But my last headphones was W4, so i'd prefer darker signature for the begining.

sorry for my english, I will be happy if somebody just understands me :-}

Hi Sibiriak, here's my humble 2 cents: first of all, take the Sensaphonics seal test to make sure you have a perfect seal. Your seal may be lacking even if you think it's perfect, and that can exacerbate sibilance.

If you have successfully verified that your seal is correct and you're still experiencing sibilance, then try the following: cut two small pieces out of an eyeglass cleaning cloth (or any other thin non-woven fabric) and put them between the IEM's nozzles and tips. The cloth will add acoustic resistance and dampen the highs and sibilance, which will result in an overall darker sound signature for your 1plus2.

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #3,837 of 6,404
Quote:

Hi Sibiriak, here's my humble 2 cents: first of all, take the Sensaphonics seal test to make sure you have a perfect seal. Your seal may be lacking even if you think it's perfect, and that can exacerbate sibilance.

If you have successfully verified that your seal is correct and you're still experiencing sibilance, then try the following: cut two small pieces out of an eyeglass cleaning cloth (or any other thin non-woven fabric) and put them between the IEM's nozzles and tips. The cloth will add acoustic resistance and dampen the highs and sibilance, which will result in an overall darker sound signature for your 1plus2.

That's really helpful and scientific. Thanks!

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #3,839 of 6,404
The 1p2 definitely accentuates sibilance at around 10k when it's in the song. It's not a frequent occurrence but it happens. If anyone found this to be a problem with the ASG-2 or the IE800, it's very similar.

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3,840 of 6,404
Quote:
Finally demoed the 1+2 with the gold+silver cable.

Hard to fault sound, with a dark signature yet sibilant on some songs. Great sound stage with natural imaging, mids are well detailed and never masked by the ever presence of the bass. Somewhat longer than usual bass decay, IMO.

I must say, my major concern is not the sound but the build and comfort. Isolation is also sub-par, maybe because of the vented design. Visible air bubbles in the shell and less than polished finish, very different the the MH334's craftsmanship. The thick and heavy cable made the non custom fitted ear tips a hassle to get a good seal. Considering a TG334! is cheaper and MH334 is not that far off if available, it just isn't competitive enough with great value IEMs like the ASG2 around.

YMMV

Not sure if I'd agree on the slow bass decay? The 1Plsu2 bass decay is one of the fastest out there. The Togo 334s bass decay is noticeably slower and not as controlled. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back