Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #3,676 of 6,404
Quote:
Well I think the appreciation level and experience is completely different for someone who has own many cheap/midfi gear, and then works its way to the top of the line versus one who has no experience with other cheaper gear and just go straight to the top.

with all due respect this is wrong approach in my book. it is not necessary to listen to all crap in order to be able to appreciate good and expensive gear... if i know how live music and good concert halls sound then owning cheap and crap will only be pain on my ears. this was exactly the reason why i listened to portable gear very rare or when on business trip in a hotel or on plane only. because i know how music should sound... but then i bumped into headfi and vola i began discover music revelation thanks to great products. 1p2 for me became like gear search story climax and ear opener. i wish i bought that right away... but no, i was stupid 
blink.gif

now, why would i be happy to own tons of cheap gear before purchasing expensive gear IF not only due to the size of my wallet?
i can tell i could be much better off IF purchased 1p2 straight away and i did not need cheap gear to appreciate my 1p2. mistakenly i started to believe in law of diminishing returns and that cost me purchasing about four different IEMs before i came to listen to 1p2. if i would value this exercise in money terms then i am afraid i paid much more than our newbie with 1p2 and ak120. so the law of diminishing returns in fact means only the limits of the wallet, that's it... otherwise collecting tons of cheap gear before purchasing expensive is waste of money.

sorry mate for disagreeing but i am not in the music or gear industry and i purchase things for enjoyment and listening to the music the way i want.
going for the right gear saves you money and headache... the only downside would be if you struck the best of best right away there is less chance you will be coming back to HeadFi discussing all this gear 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #3,677 of 6,404
Quote:
Thanks Lee! I can understand your perspective in reference to my hobby in photography, it would be nice if one can foresee and skip the gears that ended up getting sold, but then I am sure you would agree that if you never try you will never know, so the cycle never ends, but, that's the fun part of a hobby I suppose! Though I need to take a break n stop with my minimal setup (my wallet needs that break), I am looking forward to trying out portable amp and headphones!
Just love this new hobby! In short, my cameras and lens are getting sold, and my harddisks space is taken up by WAV instead of JPG.

Bunchi, abandon photography hobby because of music gear? mate, you will be missing photo a lot.
Let me ramble a bit, i keep my camere with lenses, and i am happy to show you the results and what you will be missing from now on:

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #3,678 of 6,404
 Yes, makes sense.. and you did went through all those crap gears, painful noise, wallet pains & insomnia to have that deep insight appreciating level and experience you have right now... right?
wink_face.gif

and then share it here, so people will not go through the pain we went through and although we wish that we could have save that $$ and yet gain that kind of insight & experience of gear appreciation that take years to acquire is another secret dream right?
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #3,681 of 6,404
Remember to not stray too much off topic. We don't want another thread being closed :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #3,682 of 6,404
Quote:
Those lines are so distracting in the last two shots tho.

i know, you suppose i should have removed them in photoshop? sadly i am not using photoshop at all, all effects are achieved with lenses, light filters and some basic PP converting raw to jpeg :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #3,683 of 6,404
Quote:
Remember to not stray too much off topic. We don't want another thread being closed :frowning2:

we are right on topic, the dude (bunchi) just sold his camera gear to buy audio gear with 1p2, we only discussing this
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #3,684 of 6,404
Quote:
 Yes, makes sense.. and you did went through all those crap gears, painful noise, wallet pains & insomnia to have that deep insight appreciating level and experience you have right now... right?
wink_face.gif

and then share it here, so people will not go through the pain we went through and although we wish that we could have save that $$ and yet gain that kind of insight & experience of gear appreciation that take years to acquire is another secret dream right?
biggrin.gif

''your pain is my gain'' never crossed your mind?
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #3,688 of 6,404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back