Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #3,496 of 6,404
Bieber... Pfui....

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #3,497 of 6,404
Quote:
Thankfully with some patience and a few helping hands I have finally received a pair of 1plus2 with silver/gold cable here in Australia (Yay!). People have been asking for some initial impressions, so rather than rewrite everything I will copy what I discussed via PM. Please remember I have only heard 1plus2 for no more than two hours so far, and here's some thoughts.

Obviously with all the fuss behind these I had very high expectations, 1plus2 have met that.

Coherency, dynamics, bass impact all exceeded my expectations, and of course detail/clarity levels are especially high. Another thing standing out to me straight away is 1plus2's left / right channel separation makes it overly easy to locate background instruments, you can really pin point where they're in a recording. Soundstage is wide, Instrument separation solid. Some more time to soak them in will open a door of impressions further, but I am rather impressed. A few songs I've listened to with 1plus2 when climaxes hit I could actually feel solid bass impact and dynamics hit at the same time which made me laugh out loud like a crazy man. biggrin.gif

I find them effectively versatile too which works in everyones favour. There's small amount of vocal sibilance coming through on some tracks, but really nothing more than what's in a recording. I'm also very fond of treble extension and detail in 1plus2's highs. Treble is almost perfect for my preferences, I am possibly surprised some don't find it a little hot sometimes? however, for me it's spot on and to my taste. To be honest 1plus2 excel in several areas which combined together form solid presentation, I lay back so far listening for certain area's like layering, imaging, instrument separation, each area is hard to fault as individual sections. There's also something about their timbre I can't place my finger on which really agrees with me.

Need some more time, anything is subject to change as two hours is just a sniff by any standards.

Congratulations.

Your 1Plus2 will go through a period of performance fluctuation when burning in.  I'd say roughly 120-150 hours the performance will be stablelised and by then you'd be more appreciate how it can do for you.

Cheers

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #3,498 of 6,404
The IE8 was rather laid back with very smooth treble yet still well extended. It's sound stage was quite large for an IEM (at least for its time). Mid bass was a problem on it and it took me a while to see that. But doing the tape mod and silver cable really did bring the IEM up to my expectations. Just at that point I had much better gear so they would not get used (well the IE80 for that matter) any longer. Still it is what got me started on this journey :). Keep in mind I had 3 pairs of this IEM so I did really enjoy them.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #3,499 of 6,404
Quote:

I love them all equally because: Michael Jackson was The King of Pop and Plastic Surgery (been my favourite white musician for maaaany years now); Madonna is The Queen of Pop and a fitness fanatic ("How to look 60 when you're 40"); and Justin Bieber is the King & Queen of Teeny-boppers (we've all been—or still are at heart—teenagers of the teeny-bopper kind).

I do appreciate some of the tracks you were listening to linked in the Kaede page - in particular that haunting Mecano song, and Japan (the band). Would have probably never listened to these if I hadn't read your posts. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #3,500 of 6,404
Congratulations.

Your 1Plus2 will go through a period of performance fluctuation when burning in.  I'd say roughly 120-150 hours the performance will be stablelised and by then you'd be more appreciate how it can do for you.

Cheers

I would love to say the pair I currently have with me are mine, but they're only an audition pair, an extremely special audition pair sent from someone very kind hearted, and I imagine well run in.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #3,501 of 6,404
I die a little inside if Michael Jackson, the artist who gave us Billie Jean, Ben, Who is it, Thriller, The Girl is Mine, Wanna be starting something, and a 100 others, Madonna who gave us Just Like a Prayer, and 100 other songs, are compared with Justin Bieber, the "singer" who said that he read about Anne Franck, thought she was cool and that she would have been a "Belieber" if she lived in the present times. Actually I die a lot inside.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3,502 of 6,404
Never found M Jackson, Madonna or Mr Bieber's 'music' remotely interesting or stimulating.

Never enjoyed a single track by M Jackson, but Madonna's "Frozen" is a pretty decent track though I doubt Lady Madge had much to do with the music itself, or at least I'm 99.99% certain she had nothing to do with the actual arrangement of the song……. and if she did—I really have no idea—then kudos to her for having a very grumpy sparrow enjoy one of 'her' songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS088Opj9o0

Now, here's something really quite good and very interesting musically (seriously) — it's a J Bieber song (!!), but 800% slower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #3,504 of 6,404
  :)  You responded far too soon. Listen to the Madonna song, and if you know it already, listen carefully to the sloooooooow version of the J Bieber track (which is nearly 10 mins long).

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #3,505 of 6,404
  :)  You responded far too soon. Listen to the Madonna song, and if you know it already, listen carefully to the sloooooooow version of the J Bieber track (which is nearly 10 mins long).
It is 23:47 here in Shanghai and I am in bed, so I cannot. The same reason entails that I sadly do not often listen to your tracks on the Kaede thread :frowning2:

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,506 of 6,404
Aug 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #3,508 of 6,404
How about New kids on the block, assembled in 1984. Their tracks Please don't go girl, Stop it girl and Be my girl push the sound system of 1p2 to the next level. When these tracks are playing I don't rock my head back and forth in fluid motion, my head vibrate hard up and down instead.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3,509 of 6,404
Quote:
first two are Ok but... Please no Justin Biber, my ears will not stand him :frowning2:

I dance like that sometimes when I heard it on radio..

dancefail-13.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,510 of 6,404
Quote:
How about New kids on the block, assembled in 1984. Their tracks Please don't go girl, Stop it girl and Be my girl push the sound system of 1p2 to the next level. When these tracks are playing I don't rock my head back and forth in fluid motion, my head vibrate hard up and down instead.

You need to hit stop immediately....before it's too late!!! 

This is your only known cure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back