Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #2,461 of 6,404
Cravenz, sadly the same for me, uber cable we can only dream or ask Santa for next Xmas... do not know if Santa will be pissed off with this wish however :)

But even without uber cable this babies are something special, silver gold is good enough to give them excellent ride :-D

May 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #2,462 of 6,404
Quote:
Cravenz, sadly the same for me, uber cable we can only dream or ask Santa for next Xmas... do not know if Santa will be pissed off with this wish however :)

But even without uber cable this babies are something special, silver gold is good enough to give them excellent ride :-D

Definitely. Well, I'm happy with what I have at the moment so I won't be complaining. Plus, the uber cable isn't exactly portable so I think I've got the next best cable in the upgrade silver/gold. I'm happy :)

May 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #2,464 of 6,404
In the week I've had my 1p2, I finally got around to plugging it in to the Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass. What a fantastic experience!

So clean, clear, spacious, and with such tight, textured bass. 

May 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #2,466 of 6,404
In the week I've had my 1p2, I finally got around to plugging it in to the Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass. What a fantastic experience!

So clean, clear, spacious, and with such tight, textured bass. 

Which cable are you using with the 1Plus2 out of curiosity? :)

May 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #2,467 of 6,404
The cheaper stock silver cable. Not sure what the official name for it is. 

Not a real big cable guy. But I have heard some differences and know it matters. How much it matters, not sure. May be more preference than anything.

I'll want to try my DHC Symbiote on it here in a bit.

May 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,468 of 6,404
Quote:
The cheaper stock silver cable. Not sure what the official name for it is. 

Not a real big cable guy. But I have heard some differences and know it matters. How much it matters, not sure. May be more preference than anything.

I'll want to try my DHC Symbiote on it here in a bit.

I just call it the stock silver 
biggrin.gif

Did a comparison of the upgrade and the stock silver. I thought you were listening to the upgraded silver/gold when you said tight/textured bass! Wait till you hear the upgraded cable if you ever get the chance, another leap in terms of tightness in the bass. I'm going to have to switch back to the stock silver for a final test! 

May 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,470 of 6,404
Quote:
Hmm wow, I may have to look into that sooner than later! Thanks for the notes. 

Welcome.

You may wish to have a quick look at my review in my sig and then scroll down to the notes I made on both cables. However, if that was what you were referring to, ignore me 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #2,471 of 6,404
one small remark on Tralucent cables. i found gold-silver cable clearly superior to plain silver although do not expect night and day differences... 

but what bothers me is gold-silver feels more microphonic, so some better shielding would not hurt here. for me this was not a problem since i mostly use player and IEM when i am seated relaxing or writing and i rarely use portable when jogging or on the go... but for people who carry DAP and IEM during physical activity the microphonic interference will be an issue. sooooo again, perhaps a better shielding for this cable would not hurt. 
rolleyes.gif

May 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #2,472 of 6,404
Gintiras I find it interesting when you classify the 1Plus2s as very analog-like. I tend to think of them as being rather hi-fi. I very much do enjoy listening to vinyl recording through them and hearing the refinements in a lot of the vinyl rips over CD rips is quite intriguing. Madonna especially :).

Did you try the synch strap on the cable to help reduce micro-phonics? I tend to not synch it up too much though as I don't like the feeling (goes for all IEMs). I generally wear my IEMs with a lose fit regarding the straps.

May 26, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #2,473 of 6,404
Lee, damn, you right, i now pulled this and VOLA...... much better now 
L3000.gif

as concerns analogue sounding, i hear it exactly this way and i find no HiFi but high-end sound... and Barbara Streisand is very much in agreement with me (spinning her concert endlessly because this sounds so BEAUTIFUL).... for me personally 1plus2 is very close to analogue sound which i love and know for so long time since my stage sessions and vinyl times... i can say 1plus2 now rivals my Sonus Fabers powered by tubes, Ok, ok... my front end still leaps ahead and gives me incomparable shivers on some recordings but 1plus2 sounds sooooooo good that it puts wide wild smile on my face... i think with them i can forget about upgrades.

yes, this is soooooo good IMHO.

and you know i wish this would not be the case because of 1plus2 steep price but i cannot keep myself from telling truth or better say how i feel this truth and analogue like is the word which best summarizes my experience with 1plus2 when listen with my RWAK100 and T1 amp. amazing result.

May 26, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #2,474 of 6,404
Ok I'm trying to get a better understanding here. :) Maybe my definition of Hifi is your "analog" definition. What exactly do you define as analog. As in what constitutes that sound in your opinion? Would natural sound/effortlessness be a part of it? I definitely classify them in that camp. Plus how refined they are in each respective area.

May 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #2,475 of 6,404
Quote:
one small remark on Tralucent cables. i found gold-silver cable clearly superior to plain silver although do not expect night and day differences... 

but what bothers me is gold-silver feels more microphonic, so some better shielding would not hurt here. for me this was not a problem since i mostly use player and IEM when i am seated relaxing or writing and i rarely use portable when jogging or on the go... but for people who carry DAP and IEM during physical activity the microphonic interference will be an issue. sooooo again, perhaps a better shielding for this cable would not hurt. 
rolleyes.gif

They are both ridiculously microphonic. I wish they'd find a way to better shield it. The price merits it, in my opinion.

In respect of the upgraded gold/silver (not stock gold/silver) and the stock silver, the difference is pretty obvious in my opinion (though maybe not night and day whereby one feels like they are listening to something totally different). The immediate two differences for me are the bass and the timbre of instruments. Though the latter may be more subtle for some. Overall, the refinement is all round in every area. 

Quote:
Gintiras I find it interesting when you classify the 1Plus2s as very analog-like. I tend to think of them as being rather hi-fi. I very much do enjoy listening to vinyl recording through them and hearing the refinements in a lot of the vinyl rips over CD rips is quite intriguing. Madonna especially :).

Did you try the synch strap on the cable to help reduce micro-phonics? I tend to not synch it up too much though as I don't like the feeling (goes for all IEMs). I generally wear my IEMs with a lose fit regarding the straps.

What synch strap on the cable?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back