Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #136 of 197
Quote:

JH Audio uses the same cables as most other customs. So the Toxic Cables pictured and discussed in this thread will work with JH16 just fine. I've been using their SPC Viper cable with my JH13 FreqPhase and is does an excellent job. 

Who do I need to contact?  I'm interested in Silver Poison.

L3000.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #143 of 197
He's usually good about it. He's in the UK, give it a little time. Took him a few days to answer me about a non-retail question. The man is busy. I'm sure you'll get an answer soon. 
Quote:
Does Toxic cable man take his time to answering his PM?

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #147 of 197
Quote:

Not yet.

I got Currawong (a mod) involved and he looked into it. Appears that yjt93 (the person who has the cable now) has not logged on since 12/3/12, and may be a student here in the USA by way of China. I speculate that he went back home and has not yet returned. When he does return or just check his messages, he'll see some interesting emails.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. For some reason I think he will eventually turn up with the cable and an apology. But I could be wrong. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #148 of 197
It's a real shame when good things go bad. I'm with you on hoping we're just over reacting but the truth is everyone is waiting on him and as a member of the community he's taking unfair advantage of your generosity and the opportunity you have offered to everyone on this thread. I had thought people were to only get about 2 weeks or less with the cable. If I had the cable and was away, I'd at least attempt to log on and apologize. It all seems a bit strange to me. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not yet.

I got Currawong (a mod) involved and he looked into it. Appears that yjt93 (the person who has the cable now) has not logged on since 12/3/12, and may be a student here in the USA by way of China. I speculate that he went back home and has not yet returned. When he does return or just check his messages, he'll see some interesting emails.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. For some reason I think he will eventually turn up with the cable and an apology. But I could be wrong. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #149 of 197
I was thinking he went back home for the Holidays and something happened where he had to stay. Maybe he lost funding or scholarship eligibility or some other snag. Hard to explain why he wouldn't just log on and reply though. Not like China lacks internet connections. 

I can't imagine someone purposefully absconding with a $300 cable - it's not like we are talking about a Stax SR-009 or something, where the temptation exists to disappear from HeadFi and never look back. Reading his posts, he seemed really enthusiastic about the scene, which is why I allowed him to participate despite having no feedback. Maybe that was my mistake. 

Frank was nice enough to offer a replacement cable. I can't help thinking that the moment we accept that and get it back into circulation, the original cable will turn up. I guess that wouldn't be the worst outcome though. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #150 of 197
Not to blame you, but I think moving forward anyone receiving the cable should have some feedback. Talk to Frank about that situation and what he'd wanna do if that happened. 
Quote:
I was thinking he went back home for the Holidays and something happened where he had to stay. Maybe he lost funding or scholarship eligibility or some other snag. Hard to explain why he wouldn't just log on and reply though. Not like China lacks internet connections. 

I can't imagine someone purposefully absconding with a $300 cable - it's not like we are talking about a Stax SR-009 or something, where the temptation exists to disappear from HeadFi and never look back. Reading his posts, he seemed really enthusiastic about the scene, which is why I allowed him to participate despite having no feedback. Maybe that was my mistake. 

Frank was nice enough to offer a replacement cable. I can't help thinking that the moment we accept that and get it back into circulation, the original cable will turn up. I guess that wouldn't be the worst outcome though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back