Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #7,576 of 10,317
Indeed! Life is good when we start the year this way. Thanks to Hifimanrookie, the 8wire BW is really enthralling as it has been very nicely burnt in. :)

Nice pics kiats..congrats..ur toxic family just got a bit larger :D

U will love the BW with ur he5le...enjoy all ur new cables my friend....

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #7,578 of 10,317
Nice pics, my friend! Hmm.... Makes me wanna hunt down a Code X too. :wink:

I give u little chance u will find a code-x my friend..not one of the 20 original owners is willing to sell theirs...only way is to hunt down a very rare second hand HE5(not LE) and sent it to Luis (LFF) to transform it into a code-x..it wont be an original NOS..but soundwise it will be the same... :wink:

By the way..did u know there is a sister out of my BC amp? Its called the CTAG...the owner ordered it with same reason as i did..make a he6 sound as good as possible...maybe a tip for u too? :D

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #7,581 of 10,317
I give u little chance u will find a code-x my friend..not one of the 20 original owners is willing to sell theirs...only way is to hunt down a very rare second hand HE5(not LE) and sent it to Luis (LFF) to transform it into a code-x..it wont be an original NOS..but soundwise it will be the same... :wink:

By the way..did u know there is a sister out of my BC amp? Its called the CTAG...the owner ordered it with same reason as i did..make a he6 sound as good as possible...maybe a tip for u too? :D

Heheh! No worries. It was just a thought.

Ah... I'll actually be picking up a Cavalli Liquid Gold. Right after my Bricasti M1 goes in for some upgrades and comes home. Think I'll have a decent rig then. After that, who knows? Maybe the silver Venom to keep the copper one company. :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #7,582 of 10,317
Nice pics kiats..congrats..ur toxic family just got a bit larger :D

U will love the BW with ur he5le...enjoy all ur new cables my friend....

Indeed, Paulo my friend! Life is looking good for 2015 already! :)

Jan 3, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #7,585 of 10,317
Someone was obviously a very good boy for Christmas to get such lovely presents!!!! Guess I'll have to keep on trying! Hope you're having a fantastic break my friend!!!! And congrats on the "gifts"! I'll look forward to hearing your impressions!

Haha! Thanks! How are you keeping? Happy holidays to you too! :)

Jan 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #7,586 of 10,317
It's been around 10 hours since I've started with the SW22 on the LCD3. I must confess to being very pleasantly surprised. While I have always appreciated the SW for its details, I sometimes find its sig a bit too lean for me.

However, out of the box, the SW22 seems discernibly fuller bodied, together with greater details and deeper bass. Overall, it is a very pleasing sound.

More quick insights to come as the SW22 burns in. :)

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7,587 of 10,317
Looksie what the cat dragged in today..a temperarely visitor...he already feels at home..he and mr. Venom are huge friends already...

****..why cant i upload pics from my samsung s4 to headfi??? What...it does work on my ipad!!
Second try:

Ps..no teddybears are hurt during the photoshoot...i use the little guy so my venom doesnt rub on the side of my rack and doesnt touch the floor (dust etc...eeuuww)...yeah I AM THAT CAREFUL WITH MY STUFF...
cool.gif
room is still very naked.. But not for long
wink.gif

I am not home yet..had been moving from one house to another since 3weeks now...u can see some of the boxes still unopened in my own (yeah..mine!!!! Mine!!! All mine!!! Hehehe) simple hobby/headphone listening room on one of the pics..so sorry for the mess
biggrin.gif

I will do a quick first impression tonight if i can keep my eyes open when i get home later
tongue.gif

Just for ur info...the venom u made me is one of the best buys i ever did..it really elavates the already good soundquality of my PaG and my Code-X.. And as i like to keep my room dark..the ruby red silk really stands out in front of my all black rig components...so classy...i even bought a black glass desk and my comfy recliner is black also..even my floor is anthracite grey...so almost black..hehehehe it relaxes me....

Very Nice....I am certainly enjoying my pair with the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson. The HD800's are very happy!

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7,588 of 10,317
Very Nice....I am certainly enjoying my pair with the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson. The HD800's are very happy!

Sooo if i understand it right there is a loaner SW 22awg out for a hd800, a lcd3 and for a code-x (or any other high end hifiman headphone).. Smart..as those three are very different headphones...
And i am only one still without first impressions...well..the sw IS connected to my PaG already on its single ended output..but am to tired because of the move to enjoy or even have the strenght to stay awake listening to music..today i fell asleep on couch at 10pm and only now i woke up at 2:54am...still tired..for me no moves anymore...NEVER... :mad:
New house is still a mess...huge heaps of boxes to pack out and wifey is very very very nervous and when she is like that its best to stay far away..hehehe
Tomorrow i will start to listen to the SW... can u imagine i didnt listen to my music for 2days now because of my tiresome??? I even think i hurt my lower back, back of my neck, my right pulse and my right shoulder today...as they hurt when i move around...i lifted to much weight to many times..and one time we were carying a huge heavy couch down the stairs and my 3friends let it slip from their hands..so only i was holding it on top at that moment.to keep it from falling down....ouch!!! oh well..we have to see tomorrow if its bad or not... :wink:

Am getting to old for this shiiit. :D

Soooo tomorrow u guys can expect a short first impressions from me..
But on the looks:

- very light and flexible, perfect for iems and people who move around with their headphones on!
- the braids are perfectly made..just like my venom...even for me, being extremely demanding in what i want, (.every brand i bought from the last two years can confirm that.) i consider this as utmost workmanship!!!
- and those connectors!!!...frank..u upped the game again on those!!! Very high quality feel to them...

Compared to my 8wire BW i had and my new venom RC-8 the new SW looks a bit thin...but looks very beautiful nevertheless.

For first impressions on the sound: bare with me until 2morrow peeps...

Jan 4, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #7,589 of 10,317

Sooo if i understand it right there is a loaner SW 22awg out for a hd800, a lcd3 and for a code-x (or any other high end hifiman headphone).. Smart..as those three are very different headphones...
And i am only one still without first impressions...well..the sw IS connected to my PaG already on its single ended output..but am to tired because of the move to enjoy or even have the strenght to stay awake listening to music..today i fell asleep on couch at 10pm and only now i woke up at 2:54am...still tired..for me no moves anymore...NEVER...
mad.gif

New house is still a mess...huge heaps of boxes to pack out and wifey is very very very nervous and when she is like that its best to stay far away..hehehe
Tomorrow i will start to listen to the SW... can u imagine i didnt listen to my music for 2days now because of my tiresome??? I even think i hurt my lower back, back of my neck, my right pulse and my right shoulder today...as they hurt when i move around...i lifted to much weight to many times..and one time we were carying a huge heavy couch down the stairs and my 3friends let it slip from their hands..so only i was holding it on top at that moment.to keep it from falling down....ouch!!! oh well..we have to see tomorrow if its bad or not...
wink.gif

Am getting to old for this shiiit.
biggrin.gif

Soooo tomorrow u guys can expect a short first impressions from me..
But on the looks:

- very light and flexible, perfect for iems and people who move around with their headphones on!
- the braids are perfectly made..just like my venom...even for me, being extremely demanding in what i want, (.every brand i bought from the last two years can confirm that.) i consider this as utmost workmanship!!!
- and those connectors!!!...frank..u upped the game again on those!!! Very high quality feel to them...

Compared to my 8wire BW i had and my new venom RC-8 the new SW looks a bit thin...but looks very beautiful nevertheless.

For first impressions on the sound: bare with me until 2morrow peeps...

I have business travel happening so the impressions will be coming in a couple of weeks. More burn in time anyway!

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #7,590 of 10,317
Last week I was able to listen to a local Head-Fier's Nordost cable and compare against my Toxic Cable venom for LCD-2 and LCD-3. We agreed the Toxic Cable sounded better on his LCD-2 (did not audition his Nordost on my LCD-3). I haven't researched the Nordost, but the venom is thicker and longer.

edit: source components for those interested: BIG POPPA's CD Transport into a custom built tube amp... actually that information is unhelpful. Sorry, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back