Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 8, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #8,941 of 10,312

My Hydra 18AWG has arrived! I'll give a more in depth listen later but first impressions on my LCD3 is that it sounds absolutely lovely. Smooth and with nary a hint of harshness. Crystal clear without any glare. Very realistic rendition of vocals at this point in time. Happy camper here! Thanks Frank!

PS: Frank, I dropped you a PM as well. Please have a look when you have time. Thanks!

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #8,942 of 10,312

time to burn in the new SW22 cable :p TH900 with stock cable alone was nice. can't wait to see how good the SW22 will make it :D

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #8,943 of 10,312
Enjoy, Shini44! I'm still glued to my LCD 3 with the Hydra...

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #8,944 of 10,312
Just a brief update on the Hydra during the first 10 hours of listening on the LCD3. For this, I've been listening to Shirley Kwan's EX All time favourites DSD, Sandy Lam's latest album, albums from 周虹 and Alan Dawa Dolma. The albums by these Singers have treble exension, nuanced vocals and good bass line.

Impressive layering at this early stage and micro details. Good depth and instrument separation within the layers. You can hear the different things going on at the same time at the various layers and yet is cohesive. My love and hate relatiinshio with the LCD 3 is well ventilated with my circle of friends. However, I think with the Hydra Frank has struck the jackpot.

At the risk of oversimplification, whilst the SW22 gave the LCD3 luscious mids, the Hydra has given it extension at the top, nuanced vocals and nice deep tight bass.

Early days yet. And I expect the sonic signature to fill out and get denser as it burns in. Back to the enjoyment... :)

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #8,945 of 10,312
At the risk of oversimplification, whilst the SW22 gave the LCD3 luscious mids, the Hydra has given it extension at the top, nuanced vocals and nice deep tight bass.

regarding the mids lushness, trust me it take many hours on these cables before they are out :' ) like 100 hours at least -.-''

still i would like to hear which one deliver lusher mids by the end of the day (after both are burned in ofc)

keep me updated on this point please <3  

although on paper Hydra 18 should deliver lusher mids as its the ultra silver cable. so lets wait for 100 hours and see :D

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #8,946 of 10,312
Absolutely, Shini! I fully expect the sonics of the Hydra to fill out. :)

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #8,947 of 10,312

The hydra is settling in nicely, super transparent, well rounded and oh so smooth. Just speaking for the HD800S the combination fits very well so far I have not experienced any down side. Maybe a slight one, I have purchased more hires files in a single month than what I have done previously in a year...

Currently listening to HADOUK Quartet // Hadoukly Yours.

The instruments are nicely layered and well presented, well in tune and the rhythm and timing is exceptional. A nice journey in exotic instruments and a mixture of orient and fusion.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #8,948 of 10,312
Was planning on taking a Hydra 18 IEM for my K10s with my to CanJam this weekend but sadly it hasn't arrived in time despite the fact it was supposed to be dispatched on Monday! 
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #8,950 of 10,312

Price Update
 ​
Below prices are for 6ft headphone cables
 ​
Hydra 18awg £625 (Flagship Litz cable)
Hydra 22awg £360
 ​
Below prices are for 4ft IEM cables
 ​
Hydra 22awg £305
Hydra 18awg (2 wire version, equivalent to 4 x 21AWG) £285
 ​
 ​
 ​

Can't find Hydra on the website.

How much is it roughly?

Please see above post from Frank @ Toxic Cables. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #8,952 of 10,312
  Was planning on taking a Hydra 18 IEM for my K10s with my to CanJam this weekend but sadly it hasn't arrived in time despite the fact it was supposed to be dispatched on Monday! 
frown.gif

Sorry i have had a lot going on this week, your order was complete and left with Max to post, i just spoke to him and don't think i made it clear to him and he did not post it as he saw some payment pending on the order and the cable it's replacing has not been returned, but he was told to send them regardless, but seems he did not realise i was speaking of your order. As he was not at the workshop now, it will have to go out this coming Monday, sorry.

I have had to go away since early this week and will be back this evening and will reply to all PM's and emails from everyone, will also let you know amount pending. Sorry for the delay and mix up.

I believe everyone else who was expecting cables to ship on Monday, have had their cables shipped.

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #8,953 of 10,312
Sorry i have had a lot going on this week, your order was complete and left with Max to post, i just spoke to him and don't think i made it clear to him and he did not post it as he saw some payment pending on the order and the cable it's replacing has not been returned, but he was told to send them regardless, but seems he did not realise i was speaking of your order. As he was not at the workshop now, it will have to go out this coming Monday, sorry.

I have had to go away since early this week and will be back this evening and will reply to all PM's and emails from everyone, will also let you know amount pending. Sorry for the delay and mix up.

I believe everyone else who was expecting cables to ship on Monday, have had their cables shipped.

Thanks for clarifying what happened. Not really a problem in the grand scheme of things just a bit sad I didn't get it in time for CanJam.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #8,955 of 10,312
Sorry.......Been on the moon for the past month or so.....Only just found out Frank has released the HYDRA! Now there's a beast if I ever saw one....Comes in 18 for IEM? Whoa! that's some whopping cable indeed...
Can not wait for the reviews with full burn in complete.....Those new connectors are also something to behold...  Errm.... Frank's been busy....  When he does a cable ... Maaaan it looks sooo sweet...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back