Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #6,496 of 10,312
I have had about ~20 hours of listening time on my new cable. I got the http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_61&product_id=99 variant and it looks great. The cable itself feels nice and the build quality looks top notch as well. The best part about the cable is that it's much smaller then the stock and it's default 3.5mm. As for the sound I don't notice any difference from the stock Audeze cable. I didn't think I would though, I don't get the whole placebo effect. Overall, I am glad that I waited the time for the cable, the aesthetics and lack of adapter use warranted the cost for me.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #6,497 of 10,312
  I have had about ~20 hours of listening time on my new cable. I got the http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_61&product_id=99 variant and it looks great. The cable itself feels nice and the build quality looks top notch as well. The best part about the cable is that it's much smaller then the stock and it's default 3.5mm. As for the sound I don't notice any difference from the stock Audeze cable. I didn't think I would though, I don't get the whole placebo effect. Overall, I am glad that I waited the time for the cable, the aesthetics and lack of adapter use warranted the cost for me.

May I ask what is the source and headphone amplifier used?

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #6,498 of 10,312
What cable you ordered? I plan to order a widow for my 335.

This pertains to the Black Widow with 2.5mm balanced plug for use with the AK240. I already have BW, SW and Virus with normal 3.5 plug and Fitear connectors. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #6,499 of 10,312
Hi Frank , check the mail plz, been asking you about the address so i send my Silver Widow to be changed to XLR male 4 pins :p 

can't send till i know the address :< 

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6,500 of 10,312

May I ask what is the source and headphone amplifier used?

I listen from my computer and the files are 99% 320 lossy 1% flac. I've done double blind tests on foobar on songs that I have listened to over 200 times and I can't tell a difference. As for my amp, I am using the O2. The O2 might not be suitable for the LCD2 if you play at really loud levels but I rarely if ever go past 10 o'clock.

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #6,501 of 10,312
  I listen from my computer and the files are 99% 320 lossy 1% flac. I've done double blind tests on foobar on songs that I have listened to over 200 times and I can't tell a difference. As for my amp, I am using the O2. The O2 might not be suitable for the LCD2 if you play at really loud levels but I rarely if ever go past 10 o'clock.

The effect of cable is not of day and night difference and it depends on how good are your gears.  I can certainly hear sonic differences using different Toxics such as BW, SW, Scorpion and I can confirm they are all much better than the stock cable. If you cannot hear any differences in SQ I can only say the problem is not with the cable but most probably with your gears. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #6,502 of 10,312
The effect of cable is not of day and night difference and it depends on how good are your gears.  I can certainly hear sonic differences using different Toxics such as BW, SW, Scorpion and I can confirm they are all much better than the stock cable. If you cannot hear any differences in SQ I can only say the problem is not with the cable but most probably with your gears. 
i agree..the higher u go up in quality of ur components and especially very good quality lossless media, u will for sure will hear differences..

and i agree..its better to be heard on better components..funny is that people with lower end stuff ALL say that cables wont make a difference..and i dont understand also why someone buys a 1200usd headphone and then drive it with a 200usd lower end amp/dac..no pun intended..but i just dont get it :) its like owning a porsche Gt3 RS and then taking it onto the racing tracks with 100usd worth of budget tires on it..but thats how i feel about it..a expensive headphone needs a good quality amp/dac

..but i once said also....if u have a lower end amp/dac and or music material, then u probably wont hear much difference...and in that case its probably best to get the more affordable toxic cables and just go for esthetics and built quality.
Just my 123 on this.

As always i respect any opinions..but sometimes i have a hard time to understand it. :wink:

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #6,503 of 10,312

An amplifier is an amplifier as long as it can supply efficient power to your headphones. They are all the same besides tube amps which EQ your sound from the git go. The cable itself is eye candy but the sound signature for me hasn't changed. 

I will say that I have been enjoying my music a ton more with both of my cables. That is the case because I am listening for minute details between the two cables. I still enjoy the toxic cable though don't get me wrong.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #6,504 of 10,312
An amplifier is an amplifier as long as it can supply efficient power to your headphones. They are all the same besides tube amps which EQ your sound from the git go. The cable itself is eye candy but the sound signature for me hasn't changed. 

I will say that I have been enjoying my music a ton more with both of my cables. That is the case because I am listening for minute details between the two cables. I still enjoy the toxic cable though don't get me wrong.

Sorry to say it, but one brand/model SS amp doesnt sound anything like another SS amp..its like saying all turbo charged cars drive the same..and we all know thats not true :wink:
..i have been listening to many many many SS amps and i can assure u all sounded different in some way or another...i now own a very special one and i can promise u that even U will hear a HUGE difference compared to ur o2...

But this discussion exists for eons now..so let us stop this and say we all hear differently..am glad u enjoy ur toxic cable, as we all do, everyone in his own way. :wink:

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #6,505 of 10,312
Sorry to say it, but one brand/model SS amp doesnt sound anything like another SS amp..its like saying all turbo charged cars drive the same..and we all know thats not true
wink.gif

..i have been listening to many many many SS amps and i can assure u all sounded different in some way or another...i now own a very special one and i can promise u that even U will hear a HUGE difference compared to ur o2...

But this discussion exists for eons now..so let us stop this and say we all hear differently..am glad u enjoy ur toxic cable, as we all do, everyone in his own way.
wink.gif

Not to get off topic but comparing cars to SS amps isn't the same. An amp should only provide a neutral signal to your headphones the differences should be only in wattage. That is of course in a perfect world. I have not heard a high end amp with my headphones but my current setup has more than enough power. I am going up to RMAF for the first time this year so I'll get the chance to listen to some nicer amps.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #6,506 of 10,312
I have three different headphone amplifiers and they all can provide more than sufficient power to my headphones including HD800. BUT to my ears I can hear they all sound different.  If all the SS amplifiers are the same then there should not be so many brands on the market and with different price tags.
Well I agree with hifimanrookie that there is no need to argue and people can have their own views.  Lets enjoy the Toxics either from its workmanship or SQ.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #6,508 of 10,312
I have three different headphone amplifiers and they all can provide more than sufficient power to my headphones including HD800. BUT to my ears I can hear they all sound different.  If all the SS amplifiers are the same then there should not be so many brands on the market and with different price tags.

I was writing a long post also..but am glad u said it in a few words, what i wanted to say..thanks! :wink:
But he wont believe u..i followed the o2 thread for a while in the past as i wanted a second lower priced amp for in my bedroom..but somehow they all believe its all about neutral and power thats important..and yeah..general belive there is that an SS amp is a SS amp...and no one can make them believe otherwise. :wink:
So its best not let this thread going off rail..

And frank? Did u won that new baby? Were u the highest bidder? :D

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #6,510 of 10,312
Nope not yet, ends tomorrow. I will go up to 4K and that's it for me, some of the snakes on these sites sell for much more then they are worth, idiots bidding with no intention of paying.

Probably friends of the seller to try to get the price at the highest price possible..it happens on ebay also all the time :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back