Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #6,453 of 10,312
I think the Virus has passed under the radar a bit so to speak....Not much talked about, but quite a gem, the only true Hybrid.....

Would love to hear what people are using them with & what they think.

I still use mine with the Miracle.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #6,454 of 10,312
I think the Virus has passed under the radar a bit so to speak....Not much talked about, but quite a gem, the only true Hybrid.....

Would love to hear what people are using them with & what they think.

I still use mine with the Miracle.

Totally agree! I use my Virus with my Fitear Customs (435, 333 and MH&TG 334). I also use a Virus with my LCD 2 and 3, as well as my HD800 and HE-500 and HE-6,

Awesome cable: beautiful compromise between the musicality of the BW and the transparency of the SW. I get the best of both worlds. :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #6,455 of 10,312
Totally agree! I use my Virus with my Fitear Customs (435, 333 and MH&TG 334). I also use a Virus with my LCD 2 and 3, as well as my HD800 and HE-500 and HE-6,

Awesome cable: beautiful compromise between the musicality of the BW and the transparency of the SW. I get the best of both worlds.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great to hear Kiats.....Wait....You have 5 Virus cables? or one with adapters for different connections?
I never heard the BW, but have the SW & SP, interesting remark about its sig " Beautiful compromise between the Musicality of the BW & Transparency of SW. I get the best of both worlds".
Maybe thats the reason I like it with my Miracle...

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #6,456 of 10,312
Great to hear Kiats.....Wait....You have 5 Virus cables? or one with adapters for different connections?
I never heard the BW, but have the SW & SP, interesting remark about its sig " Beautiful compromise between the Musicality of the BW & Transparency of SW. I get the best of both worlds".
Maybe thats the reason I like it with my Miracle...

Let's just say that I have a few Virus cables and a couple of adapters. I'm having a virus with balanced 2.5mm plugs to use with my AK240. :) and also pondering a balanced BW or Virus. Especially a Hifimanrookie Special. :)

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #6,457 of 10,312
ok i think the comparison is long due! Cables was very well burnt in (over 200 hours). I own the whiplash twau and gold silver poison, and Frank was very kind loaning the silver widow. I have silver widow for LCD 2, I know it is very good, but haven't tried it on an iem. I must say, it was harder than i thought, having to take the iem off, change the cable and repeat, the lag time means differences are very hard to notice/remember. Many tries must be made. I was worried i'll crack the acrylic at one point since i was swapping like crazy! Anyway, music is a passion and emotional for me, so I'll try my best to put into words.

Here is a brief thought about the whiplash twau, silver widow and gold plated silver poison:

WOW. Cables really make a difference, no doubt about it. Compared with stock cable, all three of them is a very noticeable improvement. Much more extended in all spectrum. The whiplash twau is very nice indeed, but it is quite 2D, not as wide compared with the toxic offerings. But all three sounds very clean, like a clean window, you see so clear. The gold plated silver poison is ROMANTIC sounding, warm and lush, deep tight bass, good detail, my type of sound! The gold cable from toxic sounds different from whiplash, and i much prefer the toxic sound (warmer, smoother, deeper bass), the gold is clearly much more in toxic cables. But let's talk about silver widow. MAN, silver widow is awesome, too awesome... very very clean, sick SICK detail, like ocean made of pure optical fiber glass
tongue.gif
you can see everything, 3D, very well extended, hail to the litz cable
biggrin.gif

But for now, the gold plate silver poison is my cable, it is beautiful to hold, to look and to listen, it is my romance, a man's romance
biggrin.gif
deadhorse.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #6,458 of 10,312

The whiplash twau is very nice indeed, but it is quite 2D, not as wide compared with the toxic offerings.

The gold cable from toxic sounds different from whiplash, while i cannot fault the whiplash, i just prefer the toxic sound (warmer, smoother, deeper tighter bass).

Very interesting, do you mind elaborating in greater detail on what the toxic does better than the twau and vice versa? Thanks
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #6,459 of 10,312

Very interesting, do you mind elaborating in greater detail on what the toxic does better than the twau and vice versa? Thanks
tongue.gif

good question. But it's so hard, they're both great cables, difference are subtle. There is one song on my notes, Walking in the Air by Sephira, where there is one hit of drum in the background (48s-50s), then rumbles then slowly fades into the distance, the toxic gave me deeper and tighter bass, and the sense of distance is clearer to me, it's awesome! And smoothness, the romance in the music... maybe i'm blinded by the gold >_<

btw, i was going to post the youtube vid of the song, but then i notice how really badly compressed youtube music is! Or my computer speakers? I can hardly hear the drum i mentioned, the timbre seemed to cover all of it...

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #6,463 of 10,312
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #6,464 of 10,312
Awaiting comment from hifimanrookie in 3...2...1...

U forgot zero.. :D

But Seriously..thats not my cable :xf_eek: it looks sweet though!
I have a hifiman based code-x.

Sweett looking new python u have frank..better not be the burglar trying to get into ur home... :p
may i ask how many babies u have extra to take care of except for ur son ofcourse :D

Am waiting for news on my cable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back