Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #31 of 10,312
Would love to hear some impressions of the top of the line venom cable for Audezes. Has anyone purchased them?

May 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #33 of 10,312
I think I'll be the first owner of a full copper cable for the HD800 from Frank of Toxic Cables.

My cable will be 24 AWG, Cryo threated, OCC pure copper (7N).

I'll write my impressions here, really can't wait to try this wonderful cable.

May 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #34 of 10,312
Quote:
I think I'll be the first owner of a full copper cable for the HD800 from Frank of Toxic Cable.

My cable will be 24 AWG, Cryo threated, OCC pure copper.

I'll write my impressions here, really can't wait to try this wonderful cable.

You certainly are, i have not had the time to list a stranded copper HD800 cable so have not sold any yet apart from the one to you.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts, sent yesterday so should be with you early next week.

May 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #35 of 10,312
New from Toxic Cables: Frank sent me a photo of the finished prototype IEM cble with touch talk mic built in. So, all you people that use a phone for a source need never miss a call again.

This is planned for release along the same time as the standard (!) TC IEM cable. Frank tells me that it will have clear overmoulded connectors, just like the other IEM cables, and the mic unit will be smaller.

This man really never sleeps. Well, hardly ever.

May 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #36 of 10,312
popcorn.gif

May 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #38 of 10,312
Congrats on building the first in-line mic cable, I've been trying to do that cable for months now with no avail

May 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #39 of 10,312
Customer contacted about an IEM cable with in-line mic last week, so me being me decided to order in some parts and voila, i am always looking to do new things, never stops with me.

I wonder if toast would taste better if i re cable my toaster, must try that. 
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #42 of 10,312
Just received my HD800 cable from Frank.

Let my say that construction is even better than how it seems from the pictures.

The build quality is stunning! The cable (8 feet long) is lighter than the Sennheiser original one.

It's too early to speak about the sound (i don't know if this needs some burn-in time), but my first impression is that this cable is very natural sounding, i actually don't hear any treble emphasis, while this original cable has that slight treble accent, which i don't like.

My sincere congratulations to Frank for a cable as good as this, at this price point.

I shall add some pictures later.

May 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #43 of 10,312
Quote:
Just received my HD800 cable from Frank.

Let my say that construction is even better than how it seems from the pictures.

The build quality is stunning! The cable (8 feet long) is lighter than the Sennheiser original one.

It's too early to speak about the sound (i don't know if this needs some burn-in time), but my first impression is that this cable is very natural sounding, i actually don't hear any treble emphasis, while this original cable has that slight treble accent, which i don't like.

My sincere congratulations to Frank for a cable as good as this, at this price point.

I shall add some pictures later.

I look forward to seeing photos. What wire material did you go for?

May 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #44 of 10,312
Hey guys. A good friend of mine just and I will be doing a joint-review of the new Toxic Cables Venom RC-4 cable. It should be shipping out by this wednesday and we'll be trying it with our LCD-3's and LCD-2 rev 2s with a variety of different sources and amplification so stay tuned!

May 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #45 of 10,312
 Btw, here are some beautiful pics to whet your appetite/spark your interest :wink:

I especially love the case it's coming with, reminds me of the nice cases that come with some brands of speaker cables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back