Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3,061 of 10,312
no idea if this is the right topic to post the question in (about the toxic cables)

What cable would go well with my v800/v200 stack and the HD800? the V800 makes the HD800 less bright, which I actually prefer. Will the toxic silver cable make it brighter again or how will it affect the sound?

thx in advance

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #3,062 of 10,312
no idea if this is the right topic to post the question in (about the toxic cables)

What cable would go well with my v800/v200 stack and the HD800? the V800 makes the HD800 less bright, which I actually prefer. Will the toxic silver cable make it brighter again or how will it affect the sound?

thx in advance

Go for the arsenic..a hybrid cable of copper and silver..it could balance out the sound even more.

but the hd800 pairs extremely well with a good copper cable also...like the black widow 22awg. Or even better get the copper venom..his top of the line retangular cable..sorry frank..i know this cable gives u a hell of work....:D

And this is ofcourse all in my honest opinion and my personal experiences.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,063 of 10,312
Quote:

thx in advance

Viper or Anthrax. 

My bad, read your comment quickly and got it wrong, thought you said you wanted a bright cable.

The Poison will not, in my opinion make the HD800 any brighter.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3,065 of 10,312
OMG it worries me, does it mean the 18AWG OCC Scorpion I choose for my HD800 is a mistake ??? 

No worries..scorpion pairs also well too as its a copper cable. Hd800 likes copper in general :D

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #3,067 of 10,312
He was asking for a bright cable, which is why i recommended those cables.

He said he actually preferred the violectic combo because they lesser the brightness on the hd800..so .i got a feeling he doesnt want bright at all...thats why i advised copper..but i can be wrong ofcourse..am only human..:D

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #3,068 of 10,312
Quote:
He said he actually preferred the violectic combo because they lesser the brightness on the hd800..so .i got a feeling he doesnt want bright at all...thats why i advised copper..but i can be wrong ofcourse..am only human..
biggrin.gif

Yup, you are right :D

John advised me the Black and White Widow, how is that cable? (I never bought a custom cable before so I have no idea what to get tbh)

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #3,069 of 10,312
Yup, you are right :D

Frank advised me the Black and White Widow, how is that cable? (I never bought a custom cable before so I have no idea what to get tbh)

I have the black widow 22awg and it sounds so good with my he500..i now have the 4wire version..am waiting for a 8wire balanced version with completely seperated left and right channels..so 2 cables..cant wait to try it out!

I dont have experience with the white widow..but frank adviced me perfectly when i first contacted him..so am sure he gave u right advice..he is very trustfull in that..he would never advice a cable just because its more expensive..he prefers selling u a cheaper quality cable which pairs best with ur headphone and give u a good feeling. He did that with me..and am a happy camper ever since and will be coming back for more..oops..already did. :wink:

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,070 of 10,312
it was John who advised to me to get, typed my reply while I was a bit confused.

I noticed some cables aren't on the website or am I looking at the wrong page.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #3,071 of 10,312
it was John who advised to me to get, typed my reply while I was a bit confused.

I noticed some cables aren't on the website or am I looking the wrong way?

Oh ok..joe is franks official reseller..so i am sure he is just as trustful...:p

Ur right..his site is not updated yet...his first priority i understand is helping the existing customers to get their cables to them as fast as possible...but here on this thread u have all the info of any cable frank sells..maybe someone can put a short updated list here on this thread again?there is a list already..i think it was posted just before christmas if i am not mistaken..but I have a feeling an updated list could help some toxic newbies :D

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #3,072 of 10,312
Quote:

I noticed some cables aren't on the website or am I looking at the wrong page.

It's alway best to ask Frank directly via PM or e-mail, as he is the only one who can tell you exactly what cables he is currently is offering, their pricing, waiting time... The website is unfortunately not your best source.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,073 of 10,312
Quote:
OMG it worries me, does it mean the 18AWG OCC Scorpion I choose for my HD800 is a mistake ??? 

I prefer something smooth and not bright so I choose copper cable instead of silver.  Initially I was thinking of copper venom but I know it may be too stiff for storage so I choose OCC Scorpion with 18AWG to ensure better signal flow.  I hope scorpion will match with HD800 nicely.  Presently I am using Cardas and Oyaide PCOCC-A cable (http://www.head-fi.org/t/618464/the-very-first-oyaide-pcocc-a-headphone-cable-for-senn-hd800) for my HD800.  IMHO Oyaide sounds better than Cardas and when I receive Frank's OCC Scorpion I will compare the three cables and write a review on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back