Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,206 of 10,312
They all look really nice but I wonder which sounds best on a HD 800 :smile_phones:
I need a cable that tame the treble/highs a little bit to reduce the sibilance on them.
Wider soundstage and a little bit more emphasis on the bass over the stock cables would be a nice extra :xf_eek:

Anyone have tried them on this headphone and can recommend one?
I could be wrong but my guess is copperwire?

I have the black widow 22 awg with my he500 and i love the sound..its velvet and full..not bright at all..u could also think about the copper venom..i read here its best cable u can get for a hd800.. But its 300 gbp..but if u want the best..get that one..

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,207 of 10,312
Quote:
I have the black widow 22 awg with my he500 and i love the sound..its velvet and full..not bright at all..u could also think about the copper venom..i read here its best cable u can get for a hd800.. But its 300 gbp..but if u want the best..get that one..

Thank's for your help friend! I will consider the copper venom as a candidate for my next purchase
smile.gif

Any other suggestions are much appreciated!

- Aww, it's not listed on the shop page either :frowning2:

Edit:
Ah, I see now :) It's called the "RC-4" and should look like this: http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/64/642033c6_ToxicCableVenom_1.jpeg
It was mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Now they look like they don't break easily unlike the stock cable.
My stock cable did tear on one of the thin wire that leads to the right can, just where the wire ends and the jack starts. :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,208 of 10,312
Thank's for your help friend! I will consider the copper venom as a candidate for my next purchase :smile:

The copper venom is stated somwhere on this thread..pm frank directly..am sure he will answer any question u have..

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #2,209 of 10,312
Quote:

Thank's for your help friend! I will consider the copper venom as a candidate for my next purchase
smile.gif

Edit:
Ah, I see now :) It's called the "RC-4" and should look like this: http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/64/642033c6_ToxicCableVenom_1.jpeg
It was mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Now they look like they don't break easily unlike the stock cable.
My stock cable did tear on one of the thin wire that leads to the right can, just where the wire ends and the jack starts. :frowning2:

Frank's shop page is not up to date, better talk to him directly and tell him what you are looking for, I am sure he will help you to get the best cable for your needs. And his account balance
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2,210 of 10,312
Quote:
Frank's shop page is not up to date, better talk to him directly and tell him what you are looking for, I am sure he will help you to get the best cable for your needs. And his account balance
biggrin.gif

Ha! Thank's mate!

This picture was posted by a member of the forum called "rsung":
http://s7.directupload.net/images/130123/oszlu4bn.jpg

I've marked the spot where my stock cable failed. - where the plastic isolation broke on one side.
On the copper venom however it looks like this could never happen.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2,211 of 10,312
The Copper Venom is a solid core rectangular wire, unless looked after the wire can break. You could also consider my 18AWG OCC stranded Copper cable, i had HD800 connectors custom made especially for that cable.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,212 of 10,312
Just a quick impression on the cables that I just received.

Frank was kind enough to create the following for me:

two EIM Silver poison cable (one balanced and one with Oyaide jack)
one mini to mini Silver Poison cable. (Oyaide on both sides)

I am simple blown away with the quality and detail of the cable. Frank is probably cross eyes after braiding so many cables. I used to use the Magnus 1 cables which are pretty fine as well but on a whole I really like the Sp cables. for feel and quality.

They are a no brain-er for a stock cable upgrade. A jump from Magnus to Toxic is less significant but still worth it. In my opinion this cable opens up the sound stage and they are more precise with instrument placement.  

In the next few days I will add a larger review of these fine cables. But for now all I can say 1) Cables do make a difference and 2) these are "O" for Awesome.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,213 of 10,312
Thank you gidion27 for your first impression of the SP cable. Would love to see the review after they have burned in
redface.gif

Quote:
The Copper Venom is a solid core rectangular wire, unless looked after the wire can break. You could also consider my 18AWG OCC stranded Copper cable, i had HD800 connectors custom made especially for that cable.

Thank's for the advice Frank! I guess the Copper Venom is not my cable then as I tend to flex mine a little.
I'm really looking for a cable that enhances the sound over the stock ones.
But most importantly doesn't easily tend to break like i've shown on that picture.
smile.gif
- I've got that feeling that my replacement stock cable I got from Sennheiser may break again... :/
Oh, and the longer the better! 8 ft / 3 meter is good (but not a must).
I assume you mean that specific cable: http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=51 ?

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #2,214 of 10,312
Quote:
Thank you gidion27 for your first impression of the SP cable. Would love to see the review after they have burned in
redface.gif

Thank's for the advice Frank! I guess the Copper Venom is not my cable then as I tend to flex mine a little.
I'm really looking for a cable that enhances the sound over the stock ones.
But most importantly doesn't easily tend to break like i've shown on that picture.
smile.gif
- I've got that feeling that my replacement stock cable I got from Sennheiser may break again... :/
Oh, and the longer the better! 8 ft / 3 meter is good (but not a must).
I assume you mean that specific cable: http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=51 ?

The Venom won't break that easily and is also very flexible, but you do have to make sure to treat them well. I have tested them as far as using it as a skipping rope, with no damage, but it's still a solid core wire and as such, has to be taken care of.

The 18AWG Copper cable, i don't have listed yet.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #2,215 of 10,312
The Venom won't break that easily and is also very flexible, but you do have to make sure to treat them well. I have tested them as far as using it as a skipping rope, with no damage, but it's still a solid core wire and as such, has to be taken care of.

The 18AWG Copper cable, i don't have listed yet.

Skipping rope? Damn ur testing methods are rigorous :D

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #2,217 of 10,312
Question..hey frank Any plans in making audiophile usb cables also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back