TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro
May 6, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #391 of 533
Very, very prelim. report using foam tips in comparison to FAD Heaven V:  bottom line:  FAD is very, very musical and unique, be grateful and hang on to it.    I have asked many others who own the FAD Heavens if they knew of a custom like the FAD and the response was the same:  they have found nothing like it!!

I found the Custom 1 and 2 too bright compared to the Heaven V so that long listening in comparison to the V would start to become irritating in the highs to my ears.   The 1 doesn't have ability to increase volume as the bass distorts, while the 2 handles volume much better on the bass.   Still, while the 2 is smoother than the 1 female vocals(Alison Krauss) just doesn't have the natural timbre that the Heaven V can replicate.   The CA 1&2 are more airy and the 2 has similar bass presence as the FAD Heaven V, again the treble detracts from a smoother, natural highs/vocals.   The 330V2 is less bright in comparison to the 1@2, but again, the treble smoothness/naturalness is lacking particularly in voices in comparison to the Heaven V.

The 330V2 is the closest in tone(less airy, bright, sharp) similar bass to the V, but there's something very special about FAD......
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #392 of 533
Great to hear about the Heaven V...i was also considering the Heaven VI but now considering the Heaven VIII (skipping the

Heaven VII because people say it doesn't do what the VIII can do in the "magic' sound of Final Audio...now if i could only

bring myself to spend 500-600.00!

May 10, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #393 of 533
Anyone on the East Coast tour that wants the demos send me your name and mailing address and I'll ship out tomorrow.   First come first serve.

May 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #394 of 533
Anyone on the East Coast tour that wants the demos send me your name and mailing address and I'll ship out tomorrow.   First come first serve.

Shouldn't you send them to the next person in line?
Code:
14. soundbear Richmond,VA
15. iKE1985 Kentucky
16. vincent215 Houston, TX / Vietnam
17. Carlsan Trenton, NJ
18. iamstumper Lincoln, CA
19. ​highwind2008 Atlanta, GA
20. peareye London, Ontario CN
21. geogga Glen Head, NY
22. lagisforeplay Albuquerque, NM
23. bluejay Ames, IA
24. moviedave Glencoe, MN

May 10, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #396 of 533
I pm'd the next two people, one is out of the country and doesn't want them, another didn't respond so I'm not wasting my time contacting anyone else.   They will be shipped to canada tomorrow.

May 11, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #398 of 533
I will pass the tour package along to whoever is next ready for it...as it turns out, this works out great for me as i would

be in europe in june when my turn was supposed to come up...so now, i get to experience this before i leave...

Thanks soundbear

May 11, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #399 of 533
so is it too late to sign up for this?  i'm in white plains, ny.

May 12, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #401 of 533
  I will pass the tour package along to whoever is next ready for it...as it turns out, this works out great for me as i would

be in europe in june when my turn was supposed to come up...so now, i get to experience this before i leave...

Thanks soundbear

Hey peareye, Given the length of this tour, some of the participants have started tuning out so it may take some prompting to let them know their turn is coming up. Please go back to the original order for fairness to the participants that have been waiting starting with #15. However, it may make sense at this point to PM the next 5 to save time to warn them their turn is coming up and ship to the one that replies that is earliest on the list. That way, they will also be warned prior to their turn as well.

May 12, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #402 of 533
May 12, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #403 of 533
  Hey peareye, Given the length of this tour, some of the participants have started tuning out so it may take some prompting to let them know their turn is coming up. Please go back to the original order for fairness to the participants that have been waiting starting with #15. However, it may make sense at this point to PM the next 5 to save time to warn them their turn is coming up and ship to the one that replies that is earliest on the list. That way, they will also be warned prior to their turn as well.

I will! Thanks

May 12, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #404 of 533
PM Next 5 Participants on Receipt - Rule Change:
Given the length of this tour, some of the participants who are not habitual posters and forum visitors may be tuning out not aware that their turn is coming up. For expediency, and for waking the members up, rather than PM'ing the next tour member when you receive the kit, PM the next 5 to let them know that the one that is lowest on the list that PMs back to you with their address before the ship date will get the kit next. To be specific, PM the next 5 non-bolded, not crossed out participants in the list even if they precede you due to not being responsive. At my discretion, I may move non-responsive participants to the end of the list until I regain contact. We need to keep the tour moving so that we can keep hearing reviews and impressions, so feel free to PM more than 5 if you feel it is warranted based on previous non-responsiveness to avoid holding the kit beyond the allowed 7 days.

May 12, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #405 of 533
Has the west coast list been updated lately? It seems like we should be farther along. I'm at the end, but I'm just trying to figure out approx when my turn will be. Thanks.

I should be getting it this week, so you are 8 from me. I have not heard if anyone wants to drop their turn having hear the majority of the kit already, but you may see this leg of the tour move quicker as the H8P is new, but we have heard the others. We are all local as well eliminating mail time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back