Touhou arrange/remix/whatever thread!
Jun 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KONAKONA

Banned
Well a run by the good ol search says that we have never, in the history of head-fi, had a touhou thread. Minus well start one up eh?

For those who don't know, touhou arranges are basically remixes of BGM from series of curtain shooter games known as the touhou project. (wiki) There are literally hundreds of fan groups that remix/arrange or what ever you want to call it into basically every different type of music genre you can think of (Although I've yet to hear country...) I personally find it as a great way to get into different genres because you are already familiar with the tune, just not the style it's being played in. Groups can range from just a single band that all plays stuff in on genre (CROW'SCLAW is the best I can think of....), others are made up of a bunch of different people that do different styles of music, and release it all on the same CD. (IOSYS, maybe dBu music but I haven't heard much of them). Here are some of the groups I listen to a lot

IOSYS: These guys are probably the most popular group I know of, they do a bunch of different stuff from techno and dance to metal and one acoustic song that I have no idea what genre it was.... Anyway if you are new to the touhou arranges in general, this might be a good place to start.

CROW'SCLAW: This group does all rock and metal. Their recent albums are basically all metal but the old ones had a bit more of a rock/blues something feel to them.

CODE-49: Some sort of dance/techno group here, but good stuff. They had a release at C74 that had a megamix on it, good stuff right there.

Swing Holic: This group is somehow related to the group SOUND HOLIC, but I'm not exactly sure how. Anyway this group does mostly jazz, although I don't quite like their vocalist... in any case it's still good stuff.

That's about all I know much about, I'm certainly no expert and there are probably a good bit of people on head-fi that know more about it then I do. Maybe they will be nice and come post here?
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Whoops almost forgot, I've been told the mastering quality on most of the releases is not that good because its all fan created and what-not, but I'm no expert in mastering quality....

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 7
don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu

IOSYS is alright. I like the Geist Jazz Band remixes the most as far as touhou is concerned.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu

IOSYS is alright. I like the Geist Jazz Band remixes the most as far as touhou is concerned.

God I just remembered there was one webradio chat thingy I used to go to, when they would play that song everyone would spam "!!!!!!!!!!" during the earape part at the end....good times.

Seems like IOSYS is known a lot more for there techno type stuff then their other stuff though. I quite liked phantasmagoria mystical expectation....

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 7
Heh nice. a thread about this. =P glad to see im not the only one on this forum that listens to touhou. also, Dolls in a Psuedo Paradise is pretty good. It's arranged by ZUN.

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Touhou? In my Head-Fi? I thought this day would never come...

I'm glad to see that some people here also listen to Touhou arrangements!
To start off, perhaps we can cover some circles/artists that we may find interesting.

Here's another rock/metal artist, Demetori

Another artist would be AQUAELIE - Released under the circle =NeutraL=

I assume we can speak about more than just rock/metal, so are there any people out there who also listen to any orchestral arrangements?
Take WAVE for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back