Tough bud/IEM for <$50?
Mar 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DougofTheAbaci

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a friend who runs through headphones on a pretty regular basis. She's not an audiophile and has refused my attempts to get her to buy anything better. She has told me sub $30 but I bet I could get her to buy $50 headphones if she was convinced she wasn't going to break them every five minutes.

I seem to remember hearing about a cheaper brand with reenforced cables, any ideas?

She's an iPod user and cares more about durability than sound. Recommendations?

Edited because I'm an idiot who doesn't proof-read my own threads...

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I have a friend who runs through headphones on a pretty regular basis. She's not an audiophile and has refused my attempts to get her to buy anything better. She has told me sub $30 but I bet I could get her to buy $50 headphones if she was convinced she wasn't going to break them every five minutes.

I seem to remember hearing about a cheaper brand with reenforced cables, any ideas?

She's an iPod user and cares more about durability than sound. Recommendations?

I like the ME M6. It's one of the best running IEMs at any price and they're fairly durable + the customer service is top notch. They go for like 13 dollars on sale. 

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I like the ME M6. It's one of the best running IEMs at any price and they're fairly durable + the customer service is top notch. They go for like 13 dollars on sale. 

The M6 on sale for $13??  Did you mean the M9, maybe.  I've seen a few M6 for sale on the forum, but never as low as $13.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Id get something else in the meelectronics lineup. I don't think she would like those considering the fit. I don't mind myself but my friends have trouble using these earphones. Get the m9 or something. If she doesn't really care about sound then im sure she would like those. They are pretty decent for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back