Totally Aced that Head-Fi Survey
Feb 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kenman345

Headphoneus Supremus
Just having a little bit of fun here guys.....That being said, ACED IT!

Anyone else have a survey pop up from head-fi? Comments/Thought? 

Also, I would love to hear what people put in a suggestions for the future of the forums.

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 6
It just popped up for me, and yeah, I have some comments:

The biggie first: Coby but not AKG? Seriously??? 
tongue.gif

They didn't ask a question they should have: how much have you spent on headphones and such in the past 6 months? If they'd done that, they'd know why they should discount my answer that I probably won't be spending much in the next six. Bad timing. 
wink.gif

Other missing options they should have had: Google+ is my primary social network, and I get most of my product advice from reviews on merchant sites.

The question about what percentage of purchases I made online sent me running in confusion to my personal finance application, and in the end I still had to make a wild guess. I hope whoever is reading the tea leaves at the bottom of this particular cup isn't hoping for enlightenment.

The key problem is that they didn't define what they meant by "purchases," and I think that's going to hurt the results. I suspect what they wanted to know is percent of disposable income, but it could have been interpreted as, well, "purchases," which is "the action of buying something" in my dictionary. That means I have to count my home, car, food, etc. which will skew the results to "offline" for everyone thinking the same way.

What they clearly wanted to know is how effective online advertisement for shiny things would be, but I think they're going to be mislead by the survey results. They'll have a hash of answers, some from literalists like me and some from those who are going to answer the question they thought was being asked. You can pull this sort of thing apart with statistics, but you have to have a lot of data points to do that, and a willingness to use ANOVA in anger.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I stopped at like the 2nd or 3rd question when it became clear it was all about advertising.

Do you think not answering will stop Head-Fi from having advertising? I think all it will do is make the ads on Head-Fi less relevant.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 6
The survey popped up for me again. I stopped when I saw it was still asking about Coby and not AKG. I'm not going to take this seriously if those putting it on won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back