Total Noob Looking for Budget or Entry Class IEM
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cnhardwick

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I am hoping to get some suggestions on a budget (<$50) or maybe entry class (<$100) IEM. I mostly listen to rock and really like my vocals. That has been my main issue with the Meelectronics M6 I bought, the recessed mids mark the vocals sound distant. Other than that I love them. Decent bass and highs way better than anything else I have had (CX300, FX-34, etc.). And the build quality is outstanding. I use to think I was hard on earphones. Now I realize they were just bad quality.

On another note, I order TF10 off Amazon when they had them on sale for $95. I was planning on making this my first real jump into the world of audiophile class IEMs, but after having read the forums for the past week, I am starting to wonder if I will be able to get a good fit since I have somewhat small ear canals. I will probably wait until I get them and see before buying another pair of IEMs, but should they not, I either sale them and get something else of equal value (current not retail) or trade them.

So all that said, I guess I am looking for something with good mids, but not over powering--I have enough time hearing the bass and highs it seems (might be due to poor cheap earphones though in retrospect), good build quality since I can be tough on them, and the lower price the better since I am a college student who has school to pay for.

One more thing, how are the M11+ compared to M6? I read they are not quite as V shaped as the rest of the MEElec line. The M11P+ is one sale for $30 today only and was wondering if that would be a good match or not--or at least until I move out of the noob stage and learn a bit more about what I like.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back