Toshiba Gigabeat any good?
Dec 26, 2005 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MaGG

100+ Head-Fier
My roommate got a Toshiba Gigabeat 40GB DAP for Christmas and was asking me if it was any good, or if he should go to the store and return it for something else. He said his mom got it for ~$280, so the first thing I said to him was that if he wanted to return it, he could get the iPod video for an extra $20. The main reason he wants the player is to hook it up in his car.

What do you guys think of it, and if he should return it, what for? Is the iPod video a good choice?

Dec 27, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Does your friend like your X5? I would recommend that to him. I am considering the purchase of the Gigabeat, but right now I have doubts. The software that is required for transferring music is somewhat faulty.

Also if he is not interested in learning how to use a new mp3 player he should definitely get something else. I just read the Gigabeat F-Series's 75 page manual and it has many features to learn to use.

I have an iAudio M3L and it seems MUCH easier to use than the gigabeat. I would imagine the X5 is similar to the M3L's features and controls.

I personally want the gigabeat because of that beautiful screen. But if your friend is using it in his car it probably won't matter as much. I believe the X5's screen will suffice. Also your friend could get a remote for the X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back