Toronto Meet: April 7th [NEXT FRIDAY]
Apr 3, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #46 of 179
I'm going to do my best to show up. I'll be coming in from the Queen/Bay area and heading back toward Pickering after the meet if I can make it. Have to work until 8pm, but I'm not too far from the meet itself.

To the person who posted a desire to hear SR225s, I have a fresh new pair (about two weeks old). That being said, it sounds like I may have an opportunity to FINALLY hear a set of a900s! It should be interesting to hear the fully relaxed K701s compared to my own too, with only around 100 hours on them.

To clarify, if I can make it, I'll be bringing the following:

AKG K701
Grado SR225
PA2v2
5g iPod (60 gig, about 1800 FULLY PAID FOR songs)
Some OLD headphones from a company called Belcor.

I really do hope I can make it. I'm out of the market right now for purchases, but it should be fun to hear some new equipment and I hope it gives a few of you a chance to hear some stuff we wouldn't ever get to hear otherwise - Toronto is terrible for stores that allow auditions (I bought my AKGs "blind", based on impressions alone). Plus, it'll give us a better sense of community among this excellent message board. I hope things turn out and I get to see some of you on Friday!

Cheers.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #47 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
I'm going to do my best to show up. I'll be coming in from the Queen/Bay area and heading back toward Pickering after the meet if I can make it. Have to work until 8pm, but I'm not too far from the meet itself.

To the person who posted a desire to hear SR225s, I have a fresh new pair (about two weeks old). That being said, it sounds like I may have an opportunity to FINALLY hear a set of a900s! It should be interesting to hear the fully relaxed K701s compared to my own too, with only around 100 hours on them.

To clarify, if I can make it, I'll be bringing the following:

AKG K701
Grado SR225
PA2v2
5g iPod (60 gig, about 1800 FULLY PAID FOR songs)
Some OLD headphones from a company called Belcor.

I really do hope I can make it. I'm out of the market right now for purchases, but it should be fun to hear some new equipment and I hope it gives a few of you a chance to hear some stuff we wouldn't ever get to hear otherwise - Toronto is terrible for stores that allow auditions (I bought my AKGs "blind", based on impressions alone). Plus, it'll give us a better sense of community among this excellent message board. I hope things turn out and I get to see some of you on Friday!

Cheers.
eggosmile.gif

After testing out 595's for a week (bought from kromer radio, they said it was full refund, but then told me when I went to return it it was exchange or store credit, but after some arguing and threatening to call the better business bureau, I was refunded), I am dieing to try out some grados to hear that grado sound.

BTW, I have about 50+ gigabytes of lossless music at the moment, but all is in FLAC. I can probably put 40 gigabytes of it onto an 40 gb external drive, or try re-coding it into AIFF (I would prefer not though) and putting it on my iPod. I think I could copy the 50 gigabytes of lossless to my iPod anyway though even if it won't play the flac / wavpack, I am sure somone here will bring a laptop. I have some dvd-a too (stereo 96/24 I believe).

I have : JAZZ / BLUES / FUNK / ELECTRONIC / JAZZ-ROCK / some CLASSIC ROCK, and a bit of other stuff I think. I also have a lot of hiphop I need to re-rip right now (75 cd's) into lossless, but I am not really into hiphop anymore. PS, those 75 cd's were not included in the 50 gigabytes. I'm not positive about bringing anything though, so don't count on me.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #48 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by bashot
Sorry about the time, but I can't change it. The room is booked just before us. From what I understand there's a couple of people with nothing to do before the room is available. Maybe you guys would be interested in meeting up before that somewhere?

If you are, me and escaboi may set up something before like doing coffee nearby. If interested in a pre-meet meet pm me.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #49 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
After testing out 595's for a week (bought from kromer radio, they said it was full refund, but then told me when I went to return it it was exchange or store credit, but after some arguing and threatening to call the better business bureau, I was refunded), I am dieing to try out some grados to hear that grado sound.

BTW, I have about 50+ gigabytes of lossless music at the moment, but all is in FLAC. I can probably put 40 gigabytes of it onto an 40 gb external drive, or try re-coding it into AIFF (I would prefer not though) and putting it on my iPod. I think I could copy the 50 gigabytes of lossless to my iPod anyway though even if it won't play the flac / wavpack, I am sure somone here will bring a laptop. I have some dvd-a too (stereo 96/24 I believe).

I hope you can come, I really wanted to try out the 225s and a900s to find my next set of cans.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #50 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I hope you can come, I really wanted to try out the 225s and a900s to find my next set of cans.

Damn, you responded after I edited.

Oh well, hehe, I want to try out 225's, 600's, and a900's. The sennheiser line seems to consist mainly of 595's (low impedance for guys without amps), 580's/600's (similiar sound because the drivers are the same), and the 650's (doesn't matter to me, they are too expensive unless I find some guy locally selling a used pair for like $300 CAD or something.) Then the main competitors for the 595's seem to be the A900's, and the grado 225's seem to be the popular midrange (right below the 325's), from my understanding at least.

I am dieing to try some stuff out anyway, I hope somebody there has some phones that are 225's, 580's, 600's, 880's, or something for sale, because it's virtually impossible to find these cheap retail, and since I have no paypal I'm sort of screwed.

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #51 of 179
Is the room booked for a certain amount of time? When does the meet end is my question
smily_headphones1.gif

oh..another thing. i already talked to bashot about sennheiser pads (HD414)..i have a few pairs, got a bunch when i had the chance. Did anyone want a pair? $10CDN

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #52 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
Is the room booked for a certain amount of time? When does the meet end is my question
smily_headphones1.gif

oh..another thing. i already talked to bashot about sennheiser pads (HD414)..i have a few pairs, got a bunch when i had the chance. Did anyone want a pair? $10CDN

I'll probably take a pair off your hands to quarter-mod them.

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #54 of 179
Sounds good, I'll bring a few

My original plan was to get off work a little early and take a bus from Mississauga to Toronto, but there is a chance (probably a slight one) that I can have the car depending what my parents are doing and when they're finishing work, etc...If I do get the car however, I can pick anyone who is on the way. *Let's hope*

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #55 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
smily_headphones1.gif

We're the last ones with the room, so there's not much of a time limit.

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #56 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by bashot
We're the last ones with the room, so there's not much of a time limit.

Nice.

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #57 of 179
I'm in if there's some kind of a pre-meet. I'll PM you.

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #58 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
BTW, I have about 50+ gigabytes of lossless music at the moment, but all is in FLAC. I can probably put 40 gigabytes of it onto an 40 gb external drive.

I might show up just so that I can, er, um, *borrow* this music off of you.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #59 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
I'm in if there's some kind of a pre-meet. I'll PM you.

It'd be me, you, escaboi and his gust so far for a little pre-meet somewhere nearby. Probably a timmies. I'll let you know by PM.

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #60 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I might show up just so that I can, er, um, *borrow* this music off of you.
biggrin.gif

Well, if you are let me know what gear you'll be bringing and I'll reserve a table for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back