TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #364 of 2,185
That angled Neutrik interconnect was in my wishlist for some time...

Since I already have a longer, 4 wire version I didn't order.

But thinking of the total price (15 USD) it seems as a steal. Hope the cable they use is a good one.

Please inform us about the quality after you receive them @Wokei

PS: The price for single Neutrik jack is nearly 9 USD (icluding shipping)!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Mini-Plug-Nickel-Contacts-Case-/181419687555?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a3d74be83

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #365 of 2,185
BTW, I am approaching 85 hours now. No signs of flat battery yet. Apart from the sound quality this battery run time alone is worth spending 40 bucks
wink_face.gif

I really want to now what kind of chip they used inside...

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #366 of 2,185
That angled Neutrik interconnect was in my wishlist for some time...

Since I already have a longer, 4 wire version I didn't order.

But thinking of the total price (15 USD) it seems as a steal. Hope the cable they use is a good one.

Please inform us about the quality after you receive them @Wokei

PS: The price for single Neutrik jack is nearly 9 USD (icluding shipping)!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Mini-Plug-Nickel-Contacts-Case-/181419687555?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a3d74be83

Will do...in 2 weeks or more.

Me have the same thought too... just the plugs itself... so why not

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #367 of 2,185
BTW, I am approaching 85 hours now. No signs of flat battery yet. Apart from the sound quality this battery run time alone is worth spending 40 bucks :wink_face:

I really want to now what kind of chip they used inside...

Lost count of the hours used ....me been using for the past 10 days.

Btw ...just bought another cable ...fyi ...28USD Acrolink straight to 90 degree 3.5mm plug with silver cable

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #368 of 2,185
Each day goes by I am regretting ordering from Ali Express, even though I saved $6 from not getting it from Amazon or Radioddity.  I looked into my AliExpress account today and found something interesting.

There are two orders in my account.
1. NX1 that is awaiting payment (I already paid)
2. NX1 that has been shipped.

I have no idea what that #1 order is, but I'm leaving it be for now.  I emailed them to find out how I can track #2 because every site I've tried cannot find it based on the tracking number provided. 

As for the cable, is it necessary?  Some of them look really nice.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #369 of 2,185
Each day goes by I am regretting ordering from Ali Express, even though I saved $6 from not getting it from Amazon or Radioddity.  I looked into my AliExpress account today and found something interesting.

There are two orders in my account.
1. NX1 that is awaiting payment (I already paid)
2. NX1 that has been shipped.

I have no idea what that #1 order is, but I'm leaving it be for now.  I emailed them to find out how I can track #2 because every site I've tried cannot find it based on the tracking number provided. 

As for the cable, is it necessary?  Some of them look really nice.

If I can get my butt off the sofa I will compare the original NX1cable with my Neutrik golden angled jack, silver 4 conductor interconnect wire and report today.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #370 of 2,185
Comparisons finished :)

Silver wire with neutrik gold jack is very close to the performance to NX1 cable for most -hard hitting- songs. On calm music like Susan Wong "My Cherie Amour" I can detect slight differences. Silver wire yielded slightly more details and slightly higher volume.

Is it worth spending extra 15USD (I am talking about the cable that wokei ordered) on a better cable? Well it depends... Lets wait for more inputs on this topic.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #371 of 2,185
FYI: I ordered on June 26 from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161267784358?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

with free shipping (which they later changed) and it arrived today (July 10) to Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately, I'm away for two weeks, so can't play with it yet.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #372 of 2,185
Just ordered one for £21.99 from a seller in the Netherlands from ebay. Based on the reviews on here I'm really looking forward to it as my portable rig after the e18 turned out to be much less portable than I'd hoped.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #374 of 2,185
Looks like I ordered mine from the same seller. Was hoping for speedier postage than that but it seems like its probably worth the wait.

Yeah, I was hoping to get it before my trip... missed it by almost a week. The sellers ships in 48h, but this is of course working days only and from my experience registered mail seems to be painfully slow, but well... it was free shipping.

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #375 of 2,185
Comparisons finished :)

Silver wire with neutrik gold jack is very close to the performance to NX1 cable for most -hard hitting- songs. On calm music like Susan Wong "My Cherie Amour" I can detect slight differences. Silver wire yielded slightly more details and slightly higher volume.

Is it worth spending extra 15USD (I am talking about the cable that wokei ordered) on a better cable? Well it depends... Lets wait for more inputs on this topic.

Me have not use the original cable that comes together with Topping NX1 ...instead have been usiing these three cable ..see pic

First cable from left ...sound warmer ..bass wee bit harder ...

Middle cable .....bass wee bit less than first cable but details n treble wee bit clear

Third cable on the right ....best of both world of the two above ( thick pure silver cable )

Me dont think difference is night and day ...but noticeable ...maybe with better source or different amp might yield much more ...I dont have any other amp to compare with...so have to take me comparison for what its worth with a pinch of salt ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back