Topping G5
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #316 of 351
2 questions.
Does sticking a Topping G5 and a phone on top of one another cause shielding noise even when the phone's wifi and bluetooth are off?
And does it sound bright or too neutral at times?

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #317 of 351
2 questions.
Does sticking a Topping G5 and a phone on top of one another cause shielding noise even when the phone's wifi and bluetooth are off?
And does it sound bright or too neutral at times?

can it still cause shielding noise? yes. does it? rarely. I use mine with a lg g8x strapped to it. rarely here interference. recently, flew to the US with an activated sim in it for backup phone and I heard interference frequently. hope that helps.

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #322 of 351
why should they make one? g5 is the best device in its class with measurements well in the high end desktop territory, <0.1 ohm output impedance, all of that at $299
Because it´s not only about measurements but also about features which is a very important point for endusers i guess.
And why not making a good product even better to keep up with the competition.
I would love to see a G6 with better bluetooth, upgraded DAC, PEQ funcition, buttons for next track-last track-pause or battery bypass mode as mentioned by you.
There is definitely room for improvements to make it a more compelling product

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #323 of 351
Because it´s not only about measurements but also about features which is a very important point for endusers i guess.
I would love to see a G6 with better bluetooth, upgraded DAC, PEQ funcition, buttons for next track-last track-pause or battery bypass mode as mentioned by you.
It could definitely use a better DAC, I bought the G5 and the Cayin RU7 at the same time and had to return the G5 because the resolution was so far behind the RU7.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #324 of 351
It could definitely use a better DAC, I bought the G5 and the Cayin RU7 at the same time and had to return the G5 because the resolution was so far behind the RU7.
human hearing is so vastly different. Some people say that g6 is better then idsd gryphon, other that ru7 is better.

Objectively g5 dac performe better than most of the desktop equipment.
If you prefer r2r and associated distortions it's not the g5s fault.

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #327 of 351
Topping G5 are already excellent and do not require much updating at the moment, I have been using his almost since the release and no problems, just take them and enjoy them, I have tried a lot of headphones during this time and they literally say every time I connect something to it bro, come on I'll just do it again hahaha :beyersmile:

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #328 of 351

your g6 is now $500. now what? and the bluetooth on mine is awesome.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #329 of 351
your g6 is now $500. now what? and the bluetooth on mine is awesome.

Very much worth it, if it has better shielding, some kind of a simple display for battery level and signal format indication, better DAC and some other features previously mentioned here that people seem to be very interested in, like a battery bypass mode. It's good for the money, indeed, but it definitely could be made better. There's a fair share of compromises and missing features of various importance.

Going to show off my latest abomination of a protective case I've made recently to mitigate EMI somewhat, btw. It's pretty haphazardly made and a bit awkward, but it gets the job done.

Nov 10, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #330 of 351
Very much worth it, if it has better shielding, some kind of a simple display for battery level and signal format indication, better DAC and some other features previously mentioned here that people seem to be very interested in, like a battery bypass mode. It's good for the money, indeed, but it definitely could be made better. There's a fair share of compromises and missing features of various importance.

Going to show off my latest abomination of a protective case I've made recently to mitigate EMI somewhat, btw. It's pretty haphazardly made and a bit awkward, but it gets the job done.
I think Topping's philosophy is to have a top tier measurable performance at an affordable price point, it usually forgoes all bells and whistles.
Quloos MUB1 for instance has all those features, but costs $200 more. Given that it's a 4xCS43131 implementation - it should also have impeccable performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back