Topping D30 stops working....
Aug 7, 2023 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have had this DAC for several years, I utilize it to connect my iMac to my vintage receivers and utilize Foobar2000 for music. Anyway, lately every couple of weeks the DAC stops working. My iMac recognizes it (but sometimes it does not, have to switch usb ports, power down the DAC etc.) It would not play sound and I would have to revert to the iMac speakers instead of my vintage receivers and two sets of speakers (controlled by a speaker switcher). I was able to get it working today by fooling with the Buffer length in Foobar 2000, but am not sure that was the case or it stopped working. It did not work with VLC or Pine Player before it started working again. I am here trying to figure out if it is the D30 DAC or my iMac. Any ideas? I am a pc tech and am trying to figure out what is going on lol.

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 5
If possible, try the DAC on another PC. The point here is to see if it's the DAC or PC.
I can try my surface book 2 later. Interestingly, it could be one of the more modern receivers, a Yamaha RX1130. I noticed when I went to use it after get the dac working, that it was not producing sound and the dac was acting up again. I did a reset of the receiver and the dac was working again. This receiver is has caused this before, and somehow blocked any other receiver from working with the dac, which makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back