Top American manufacturers?
Jun 17, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #31 of 37
Integra has always been Onkyo's upmarket "brand", like omer said. I remember it when it was Onkyo Integra, and within the last 2 years or so, it became Integra Research. It's definitely Japanese.

Since this is a headphone site, I am surprised no one mentioned Grado (except for the SR40).

Jun 17, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by soundboy
Since this is a headphone site, I am surprised no one mentioned Grado (except for the SR40).

well, original poster was asking about US companies who make front end gear.

Somehow, we've shifted to speaekrs and such.

Jun 17, 2003 at 11:11 PM Post #33 of 37
I was thinking about that as I last posted....just going with the flow of the thread.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #34 of 37
oh yeah, how could we POSSIBLY forget about them?!?!
smily_headphones1.gif

Needless to say the list is VERY long, and there's lots of stuff that doesn't even get reviewed of even published.

Jun 19, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #35 of 37
Thank you so much for all of your input. It is tremendously valuable to me. I would appreciate it greatly if you would please not only list a top American owned & made high resolution "universal" source but perhaps a weblink with a review or two attached to your recommendation. I would like to save these weblinks and build up a library to draw upon when it is time to reward myself for all of my hard work after my college graduation. Thank you!

Jun 19, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 37
Well, thank you for your input. I guess it's like we buy a Ford but can't deny the fact that 45% of it is made overseas...

Well, I think that this thread has just about reached its intended limit, so thank you all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back