Apr 23, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #77 of 80
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #78 of 80
Folder (3).jpg

Folder.jpg

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #79 of 80
Folder.jpg

Folder (4).jpg

^ Double album where Jarrett plays originals on the organ. I like classical organ music, and this blends that with an almost modern electronic ambient sound at times. Very interesting. Perfect for a chilly, rainy day!

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #80 of 80

^ Double album where Jarrett plays originals on the organ. I like classical organ music, and this blends that with an almost modern electronic ambient sound at times. Very interesting. Perfect for a chilly, rainy day!
I hadn't listened to to Hymns/Spheres in a long time and I put it on Tidal last night. It really is an amazing, otherworldly performance. Like you say, there are many ambient qualities to it and it ranges melodically from sort of baroque church organ to some sort of darker undefinable ambient (I'm slightly familiar with Maurice Duruflé and it reminds somewhat of him) improvisations that somehow seem familiar but have a timeless quality. This may sound crazy but I sometimes think that when he is doing improvisation on the organ or clavichord (If you haven't already, definitely check out Book Of Ways), that he is at times almost passively channeling music through him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back