To give or not to give...
Aug 24, 2006 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chouman

100+ Head-Fier
Hey fellow head-fiers!

I suddenly while sifting through the forums and looking at what new classical cds to purchase thought of my dad and felt some pangs of guilt.

Why?

Well, my father loved music, especially classical (Baroque in particular) and opera. I probably inherited much of that love for music and singing from him, and feel I owe it to him to bring him to another level of appreciation with his music. I'm not sure how much of his original collection of cds he has now, but I'm sure if I threw an HD580 his way or a DT880 or something along with some reasonable amp it would bless him tremendously.

The guilt part has to do with the fact that I forgot his birthday last year, and it wasn't just any other birthday but his 50th. What an awful son I am, but he's in Taiwan and I'm in Chicago and was frantically scrapping up some elaborate scheme to surprise my girlfriend for our 3 year anniversary and thus resulted in a mental gap which contained my dad's birthday. Also, maybe it's combined with the fact that his actual birthday he knows according to the lunar calendar and it's sometime more like in January. I'm just making excuses for myself.

Anyway, point is, I would definitely like to make him happy and I think either the HD580 or DT880 might fit the bill. I have no clue what shipping to Taiwan is like and not sure which amp would work best with these. Budget-wise, let's just say I'm still trying to slow my own purchasing upgraditis down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back