To EQ or not to EQ?
Jul 7, 2008 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Akabeth

500+ Head-Fier
As question states, "Do you listen with your EQ on or not?"

In case you don't have an EQ on your portable, then just... answer one of the above
biggrin.gif

I for one, use my iPod equalizer a LOT (>50% of the time). When appropriate, I usually find myself switching the EQ to that track's genre (or something that I like). This applies even more when I listen with Foobar
eek.gif
I change my EQ "All-The-Time"!

Though I always set it on flat when I'm critical listening.
Am I alone or not? :\

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 60
Yes, I listen with custom EQ on my vibez.

Never with built-in presets on any device.

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 60
So far, I'm an EQ guy
tongue.gif
. I have the sony NWZ-A829 and use its equaliser a lot to enhance or diminish aspects of the sound or to help ripen the sound of a song to my tastes. As of yet, I have not noticed a drop in SQ so i'm happy as larry tweaking the sound of my DAP!

Jul 8, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 60
I use the Electronic EQ on my iPod and e500's when not tethered to an LOD and amp. When using an LOD and amp... I keep EQ off. Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 60
I use EQ on my iAudio 7 at all times, mainly with ER4P/S & ER6(10 presets gives lots of options).

I use Rockbox on my iPod and use EQ, never EQ presets using Apple firmware. I mainly use my iPod docked into my Alesis Transactive Mobile where it pre-outs to a subwoofer. I use extreme bass equalization to correct for room interaction...which is a bathroom. = )

Those are my two main players used.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 60
No EQ for me.
I simply don't like what they do to the sound.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #11 of 60
Jul 9, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #15 of 60
I would use an EQ if there was some way to calibrate my headphones. Playing the long sweep on the Bink Audio Test CD, there are very apparent peaks and dips in the response. Otherwise, I've found that it's not worth it. The music I listen to varies a lot. Setting an EQ for one type of music just ruins it for another. Keeping it flat still sounds great and it's easier so I leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back