to all you amp naysayers...
Mar 15, 2002 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Driftwood

100+ Head-Fier
...well, I was once like you.

That is, until I got my melos (thanks acidtripwow)!

Wow, if you think your headphones sound good now (without an amp) wait until you hear them with an amp!

I was a little worried that I wasn't "cultured" enough to be able to really notice a difference, but even I was able to really hear what I had been missing!

I thought a lot of my cds were badly recorded... whoops.
redface.gif

Turns out my lack of a good amp was to blame
biggrin.gif

Go forth and buy amps, ye doubting-thomases!

now to play around with other tubes....

I am in headphone bliss!
smily_headphones1.gif

Driftwood

Mar 16, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 14
It's not fair when someone starts out with something good. It's better when they buy crap they don't like so the rest of us can scoop it up used when they upgrade. There oughtta be a rule.

Mar 16, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 14
yeah, I know, I am spoiled
biggrin.gif

I read all the past threads about the melos, and I just couldn't help myself. I think it was the reports from the dallas meeting that pushed me over the edge though....

Oh damn it is sweet.
Prices may be rising, but it is well worth whatever you have to pay to get one!

Driftwood
Proud member of team melos!

Mar 16, 2002 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 14
Wonder what the next Dallas meeting will yield. I sense Team RKV and Team EMP moving in for the kill.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #10 of 14
I guess I am (or will be) spoiled, too. I just went from a Parsound power amp with a headphone outlet to Melos SHA-1 that hasn't arrived yet. I hope I'll be as excited about the differences as well. I do know enough to know that I was lucky to get the SHA-1, though. Woo hoo!!
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2002 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 14
Flumpus, think you can encourage Team Stax to attend the next meeting?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2002 at 9:19 AM Post #13 of 14
damn you dallasians? dallasites?

there are just far too many of you (and thus good headphones) down there for your own good. I think the first step to remedying this situation is for kelly to send me his RKV. That oughta even things out a little bit.

Driftwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back