To all previous CD3000 owners...
Apr 14, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #61 of 68
I don't know maybe there is some bizarre reaction between the pleather and my skin (and no, cleanliness is next to godliness to me, I keep clean!!) and maybe by head is too oblong shaped thus destroying the headband.

Or maybe just a bad batch? Joking aside I can recall threads concerning the quality of the CD3k headband/pads. I think Sovkiller of all people as the resident CD3000 expert/geek (
tongue.gif
) should know about them.

Non of my other phones are in anywhere near such a fundamentally poor condition. In fact the only problems with my other phones is my SA5000 cable is intermittent (surprise surprise...the y joint problem I believe) and my HD 600 also has an intermittency problem (Senn sent me a cable free of charge only to also convienently die soon after). Never have put unnecessary tension on the cables and my room is locked to stop any unscrupulous fellows touching my phones. Must be the cable fairies...or something.

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #62 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtwn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know maybe there is some bizarre reaction between the pleather and my skin (and no, cleanliness is next to godliness to me, I keep clean!!) and maybe by head is too oblong shaped thus destroying the headband.

Or maybe just a bad batch? Joking aside I can recall threads concerning the quality of the CD3k headband/pads. I think Sovkiller of all people as the resident CD3000 expert/geek (
tongue.gif
) should know about them.

Non of my other phones are in anywhere near such a fundamentally poor condition. In fact the only problems with my other phones is my SA5000 cable is intermittent (surprise surprise...the y joint problem I believe) and my HD 600 also has an intermittency problem (Senn sent me a cable free of charge only to also convienently die soon after). Never have put unnecessary tension on the cables and my room is locked to stop any unscrupulous fellows touching my phones. Must be the cable fairies...or something.

The SA5K is all made fo metal, and even though you manage to mangle them??? Stay away from my gear man!!!! (joke...)

Nah the SA5K is mainly all metal, and the pleather in thiso ne is better IIRC, the material looks more sturdy to me...I think is leather not pleather, but not sure....

Now the HD600 is a joke, man the classic peeling of the paint, problems in the earcup jacks for years, the pads are not durable at all, sorry, just wash them regularly, and you will see, after the first time they will begin to split open along the place where the velvet touches the vinyl under it, mine just lasted one wash...period...now I have a HD580, but as a rarely use it, it is in better shape...

maybe your sweat is too strong, and deteriorates the pleater, but mine is no joke and never did...

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #63 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe your sweat is too strong, and deteriorates the pleater, but mine is no joke and never did...

Good...I'm of the ascetic "non-sweater" type...

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #64 of 68
Ive still got mine....any idea what they are currently selling for these days?

Thanks

Andrew

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #65 of 68
300$ upwards. I've seen them go for 800ish in 1A condition.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass-shy R10 deliver less bass than any other HP in my collection, I'd say they start rolling out at 80Hz and have a barely audible response at 40Hz with nothing below that.

yikes
eek.gif

I didn't know it'd be THAT bass-shy
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehehe I can't imagine a true electronica, trance, trip-hop lover using the R10s as his main headphones. Thought they don't do that bad, provided there're some voices and recognizable instruments, they would amaze you, but lacking the visceral bottom end. The sensation of air around the instuments, the clarity, and having a huge space around your head portrayed by the high registers of synths and cymbals could well compensate that.
With the CD3K you have a good portion of that, and with more bass, so not a bad treat either
wink.gif

deal!
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #67 of 68
Grave digger...
tongue.gif

I would have kept mine, but I needed the juice for the MS Pro (which BTW totally changed my listening habits, so I have my doubts if I still was a Sony type nowadays).

But they were a great set of cans. Still the best comfort and most realistic (non-HD800) soundscape I ever experienced.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now the HD600 is a joke, man the classic peeling of the paint, problems in the earcup jacks for years, the pads are not durable at all, sorry, just wash them regularly, and you will see, after the first time they will begin to split open along the place where the velvet touches the vinyl under it, mine just lasted one wash...period...now I have a HD580, but as a rarely use it, it is in better shape...

Why do have to wash the HD600 pads so often? Just wondering since I haven't had to wash my pads yet. Do you sweat that much, with velour pads my ears don't sweat at all, even in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back